The most popular curriculum/ frameworks utilized by the International schools here in Malaysia are:
- British/ UK/ English National Curriculum – Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 (IGCSE) to A Levels.
- Cambridge International Programmes – Cambridge Schools in Malaysia
- International Baccalaureate (IB) – Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), Diploma Programme (DP), and Career Related Programme (CP)
- Fieldwork Education – IEYC (International Early Years Curriculum) | IPC (International Primary Curriculum | IMYC (International Middle Years Curriculum). Most International schools in Malaysia are members (but not accredited), with access to learning support, tools and resource.
- Canadian Curriculum – School curriculum is established by each provincial government. There is no national curriculum for Canada.
- American Curriculum – There is no standardized curriculum in the US, American international schools are therefore accredited by one of the US-based regional educational accreditors.
- Australian Curriculum – School education is similar across all of Australia with only minor variations between states and territories.
Find out more about the different International School Curriculum pathways to pre-University years, age and how to check accreditations on the respective website.
- Abedeen International School | Cyberjaya | Cambridge (International) | Malaysian (Private) | Age: 5-16 | Fee per year (2019): RM17,550 – RM19,000
- Alice Smith School | Primary – Jalan Belamy (Seputeh) | Secondary (Taman Equine) | British Curriculum (COBIS Patron’s accredited) – Fee per year 21/22: Year 1-2: RM69,420 | Year 12-13: RM93,300 & RM6600 (Building Levy Fee). 3 terms per year. Alumni: Tony Fernandes
Photo: Alice Smith School
- Alnoor International School (AIS-KL) | Jalan Istana (KL) | Cambridge | Age: 3-18 | Fee per year (2021/22) Year 1: RM7,800 – RM15,600
- Australian International School Malaysia (AISM) | Mines Wellness City (Seri Kembangan) | Australian Curriculum | Age: 3-18 | Fee per year 2021 Year 1: RM55,520 | Year 12: RM113,184 | Teachers for students with mild learning needs
- Baseerah International School | Sri Gombak | Cambridge | Age: 4-18 | Fee per year (2020/21): RM14,000 – 19,500
- Beaconhouse Malaysia Sri Inai International | Taman SEA (PJ) | Curriculum: Cambridge International Curriculum | Age: 4-16 | Fee per year (2021) Year 1 : RM16,800 – Year 11: RM33,090 | Reviews Quiet neighborhood with sports facilities like basketball court, covered swimming pool. Dedicated teachers. Some teachers are biased. Hard to contact the school. Low number of International teachers.
- Beaconhouse Newlands International School | Jalan Cheras | Curriculum: Cambridge & Inquiry Approach | Age: 4-16 | Fee per year (2021): RM16,800 – RM33,090 | Reviews: Caring teachers, open-door communication with parents. Some teachers are not competent. 4-5 expat teachers in the entire school.
- Campus Rangers International School | Jalan Klang Lama (Seputeh) & Bukit Jalil | Curriculum: Cambridge & Singapore (Primary) & Cambridge of the British National Curriculum (Secondary) | Fee per year (2021) Year 1: RM14,640 – year 11: RM24,210 | Academic Calendar: starts Jan.
- Cempaka International School | Damansara Heights | Cambridge, IBDP | Fee per year (2020/21): Year1-2: RM37,500 | Junior 1-2: 57,900
- Dwi Emas International School | Shah Alam | Curriculum: IPC (Primary) & Cambridge IGCSE (Secondary) | Fee per year (2020) Year 1,2,3: RM28,000 – Year 9,10,11: RM39,000 | Facilities: modern and nice
- Eagles Grammar International School (EGIS) | Subang Jaya | Cambridge International Curriculum / Cambridge Primary Programme (CPP) Enquiry-based | Age: 5-16 | Fee per year (2021) Year 1-3: RM15,985 – Year 10-11: RM21,485
- Eaton International School | Kajang | adopts the British National Curriculum, Cambridge | Age: 2-16 | Fee per year (Sep 2021-Jul 22) Year 1 (at age 5-6): RM28,545 – Year 11: RM44,100 | 3 Terms per year – International Teachers: 75% Students: 10%
- elc International School | Sungai Buloh & Cyberjaya | British & Cambridge | Fee per year 20/21 Year 1: RM17,640 | What the teachers say | International Teachers: 40% Students: 60% | FB Page: fb.com/elc | Reviews: Small, old-school teaching method. Teachers are quite strict on students’ behaviour and studies. Well-behaved students. Bad location.
- EtonHouse Malaysia | Persiaran Stonor, KLCC | IB Early Years & IBPYP – Fee per year (2020/21): Year 1: RM35,800 | Year 6: RM42,000 | Teachers: International Homeroom teachers
- Fairview International School Kuala Lumpur | Wangsa Maju (KL)/ Subang Jaya/ Johor/ Penang/ Ipoh/ P. Dickson (NS) | IB PYP MYP DP – Fee per year 2020/21 (KL): Grade 1: RM30,000 | Grade 13: RM60,000
- Garden International School (GIS) | Mont Kiara | Adapts British curriculum | Age: 3-18 | Fee per year (2021/22) Year 1-2: RM71,040 – Year 12-13: RM98,460
- GEMS International School Tropicana Metropark | Subang Jaya | British (COBIS member) | Year 1 age: 5 | Fee per year (2021/22) Nursery: RM26,250 – (Year 1-3): RM30,625 -(Y12-13): RM47,875 | 65% International Teachers
- German School Of Kuala Lumpur – Deutsche Schule of Kuala Lumpur (DSKL) | Jalan Utara, PJ | German Curriculum | Age: 3-18 | Fee per year (2021/22) K2: RM23,350 | Grade 1: RM40,150 – G11-12:RM47,150 | main medium of instruction: German
- Global Indian International School KL (GIIS) | Brickfields | Cambridge (from Sep) & Indian (CBSE) from April | Fee per year (2020/21): Std 1-3: RM14,130 – Std 12: RM24,090
- Havil International School | Cambridge | Brickfields – Fee: Year 1 & 2: RM14,700 | Year 10 & 11: RM23,400 (combined 2-years fees)
- Help International School (HIS) | Shah Alam | British, Cambridge, IPC | Age 3-18 – Fee 2021/22 (Sep-Jul) : Pre-school: RM23,496, Year 1: RM 35,241 to Y11: RM50,904 | 70% International Teachers
- Hibiscus International School | Segambut | Cambridge | Fee per year (2021/22): Year 1-2: RM26,736 | Year 10-11 (IGCSE): RM39,675 | Head of Teachers
- Idrissi International School | Setia Alam | British, Cambridge, Islamic | Age: 5-17 | Fee per year (2021) Pre-School: RM11,500 – Primary: RM15,000 – Secondary: RM18,000
- IGB International School | Sungai Buloh | IB PYP MYP DP CP – Fee per year 2021/22: Grade 1: RM70,100 | Grade 12: RM95,800 | Teachers | Grade Placement: Grade 1 starts at 6/7 years old | Reviews: Excellent, caring, qualified IB teachers. Small class size, about 15-18 students. Pricing is on the premium side.
- Inspiros International School | Setia Walk, Puchong | British, Cambridge – Fee per year 2020 (Jan – Nov) year 1: RM12,000 | Year 11: RM19,000 | Year Group Placement: Year 1 at 6-7 years old.
- King Henry VIII College | Cyberjaya | British, Cambridge | Fee per year 2021/22 (Sep-Jul) Year 1: RM15,000 – Year 13: RM80,000 | Teachers: Predominantly from the UK | Year 1 starts at 5+
- Maple Leaf Kingsley International School (KIS) | Putra Heights, Subang Jaya | Cambridge | Fee per year 2020/21 (Sep – Jul) Year 1: RM21,609 | School hours: from 7.40 am (primary & secondary) | Reviews: Nice study environment and great facilities. Students given chance to explore their talent producing school concert. There are foreign and local teachers. The school is too strict with their students.
- Kingsgate International School | Taman Bukit Serdang | Cambridge | Teachers : International homeroom teachers | Fee per year (20/21): Year 1: RM32,000 | Year 13: RM68,000 | Year 1 starts at 5-6 yo
- Lycee Francais de Kuala Lumpur (LFKL) – French International School | Dutamas | French Curriculum | Yearly school fees 20/21 Elementary: RM38,000 | Teachers | Multilingualism: In elementary school, the English teacher is present 1/3rd of the time
- MAZ International School | Taman Paramount, PJ & Shah Alam | British, Cambridge | Age: 3-16 | Age Placement: Year 1 at 5-6 yo | Fee per year 20/21 Year 1: RM14,250 – Year 11: RM24,900
- MITstem International School | Kota Kemuning | British, Cambridge | Fee 2020: Year 7 : RM22,000 – Year 11 : 26,600
- Mont’Kiara International School (MKIS) | IB PYP MYP DP – Fee per year 2020/21: Grade 1-5: RM88,580 | Year 9-12: RM110,828
- Mutiara International Grammar School (MIGS) | Ampang Jaya | British, Cambridge | Age: 3-16 | Fee per year 2019/20 Reception: RM17,745 – Y1 (5-6 yo) & 2: RM20,280 – Y10 & 11: RM50,700 | International Teachers: 10% Students: 60%
- Nexus International School Malaysia | Putrajaya | IEYC, IPC – International Primary Curriculum (IPC) | Middle School Programme (MSP) | Years 12 and 13: IBDP ( International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) – Fee per year (2021/22: Year 1, 2: RM52,125 | Year 12, 13: RM86,367 | Special Education Needs (SEN): RM42,000 per year (Y7-Y13)
- Oasis International School Kuala Lumpur (OIS) | Rimbayu (Saujana Putra) | American Curriculum – Fee per year 21/22 elementary: RM57,000 | Middle: RM67,000 | High School: RM81,500 | International Teachers 90% Students 65%
- Peninsula International School Australia | Setia Alam | Australian Curriculum | Age: 5-18 | Fee per year (fixed until 2023) Year 1: RM26,000 | Teachers
- Pine Hills International School | Subang Jaya | British Curriculum | Year 1 at 5 yo | Provides programme for special education needs | School hours: start at 8am | Located in shop lots.
- Qosmo International School | PJ | Cambridge | Fees per year 21/22 Sep – Jul Pre-school – Year 1 (6 yo): RM22,080 – Year 10: RM29,670 | Teacher-student relationship
- Rafflesia International School (RIS) | Cambridge, IEYC, IPC | Bandar 16 Sierra (Puchong) and Kajang | International and Private – Fees 21/22 Puchong: Year 1- year 11: RM22,680 – RM45,360 per year. Kajang Year 1: RM12,600 per year
- R.E.A.L. International School | Shah Alam, Cheras, JB | UK National Curriculum, Cambridge | Age: 3-16 | Fee per year 21/22 (Sep – Jul) for Cheras Year 1: RM19,280 – Year 11: RM33,010 | Shah Alam fees: from Year 1 RM21,520
- Regent International School | Klang | British, Cambridge | Age: 5-16 | Fee per year (2019): RM12,000 – 17,500
- Sayfol International School | Jln Ampang, KLCC | British | Age: 2-18 | Fee per year (2020/21) Early Years: RM12,600 – Y1 (5-6 years old): RM15,630 – A-Level: RM28,800 | Academic Calendar from Aug to Jul.
- Seven Skies Islamic International School | Kota Damansara | British, Cambridge, Arabic | Age: 3-16 | Fee per year (2021/22): Year 1 RM19,980 – Year 10/11 RM26,880
- Spectrum International Islamic School | KL & Putrajaya | Islamic, British, Cambridge | Fee per year (2020): Year 1: RM14,200 – Year 12: RM19,900
- Sri KDU International School | Kota Damansara & Klang | National Curriculum of England | Fees per year Sep 21/22 Year 1: RM41,985 – Y11: RM63,600 | International Teachers: 60% Students: 10%
- Sri Bestari International School | Bandar Sri Damansara | British, Cambridge, IGCSE | Fee per year 21/22 Reception: RM14,800 – Year 1: RM18,000 – Year 11: RM33,390 | Teachers: Team and qualifications, mostly local teachers | Primary 1 starts at 5 yo.
Photo: Seri Bestari International School
- Sri Emas International School | SS7, PJ | Cambridge | Fee per year 2021 Primary: from RM 19,500 | Secondary Year 7 & 8: RM26,400 | Year 9,10,11: RM31,200 | ACE EdVenture Approach: Prepare the students for future, combining fun + learning for effective education | Year 1 at 7 yo.
- Sri Kuala Lumpur School | Subang Jaya | British, Cambridge | Fee per year (2020/21): RM18,100 – RM34,100 | Academic year starts in Jan | Year 1 at age 6+ | Team: Local Head of School and Staff | Students: 95% Malaysians
- Sri Sempurna International School | Yulek, Cheras | Cambridge curriculum – Fees per year: Primary School: RM10,000 – RM13,000 | Secondary School: RM14,000 – RM18,000 | Reviews: The school also encourages good behaviour and discipline with demerit system. Enjoyable learning. Christian school. Food is delicious. In the waiting list for 2 years. Questionable disciplinary methods.
- Sri Utama International School | Wangsa Maju | Cambridge | FAQ: 50% International Students, provides boarding
- St. John’s International School (SJIS) | Bukit Nanas, KL | Cambridge – Fee per year (2021): Year 7-9: RM19,250 | Year 10-11: RM22,900 | Teachers: Team of qualified Malaysian teachers | Academic Year starts in Jan.
- St Joseph’s Institution International School Malaysia (SJIIM) | Tropicana | IPC, IGCSE, IBDP – Fee per year (2021/22): Year 1: RM53,316 | Year 13: RM93,906 – a good mix of international students | Mostly expat Teachers.
- Stella Maris International School | Bukit Damansara | Cambridge, IBDP | Fee per year 2019 Year 1: RM12,000 – Y6: RM18,000 – A Levels/ IBDP | Located in a housing area surrounded by houses. Decent facilities for the fee range.
- Straits International School (SIS) | Rawang & Penang | British Cambridge, IEYC, IPC | Teachers | Tuition fee per year 20/21 (Rawang) Year 1: RM18,480 – Year 11: RM30,120 – Local and International teachers with good command of English
- Sunway International School (SIS) | Sunway City | Canadian Curriculum (Ontario) & IB | Grade 6 – 11 & IBDP – Teaching Staff: More than 90% International Teachers | Academic year starts in Jan | Fee per year from RM45,800
- Tanarata International School | Kajang | Cambridge – Fee per year 21/22 Year 1 (5-6 yo) : RM20,700 – Y11: RM34,200 | Reviews: Beautiful school and surrounded by nature. Very competent teachers. Excellent food served by kakak and uncle.
- Taylor’s International School | Puchong & Maluri, Cheras | IPC & Cambridge | Fee per year (2021) Jan – Nov: Year 1 (6 years old): RM21,900 – Year 11: RM45,690
- Tenby International School | Ipoh, Penang, Setia Eco Gardens (JB), Setia EcoHill (Semenyih), Tropicana Aman (Kota Kemuning), Setia Eco Park (Setia Alam) | Curriculum: British, Cambridge, IPC | Annual Fee 20/21 (Setia Eco Gardens) Year 1: RM17,400 – Y11: RM38,100 | About 30% International teachers
- The British International School Kuala Lumpur (A Nord Anglia Education School) | English National Curriculum (COBIS Patron’s Accredited) | Annual School fee 21/22 from Early Years: RM45,600. Year 1 (age 5): RM55,170. Year 13: RM99,970 | Teachers
- The International School at Parkcity (ISP) | British, IPC – Fee per year 2021/22: Year 1: RM49,800 | Year 13: RM81,750
- The International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL) | Ampang Hilir | North American Educational Framework and IB DP | Fee per year 2021/22: Prep to Grade 5: RM84,315. Grade 9-12: 106,695 | International Students: 88% Teachers 90% | Provides program for special education needs
The International School of Kuala Lumpur. Photo: hok.com
- Tzu Chi International School Kuala Lumpur (TCISKL) | Bukit Jalil | Cambridge IGCSE curriculum | Fees per year 2022 (starts in Jan) Nursery: RM12,000 – Year 1 (at age 6-7): RM14,400 – Y11: RM26,400 | Medium of Instruction: Trilingual, mostly English
- UCSI International School
- Springhill: IB | Fee per year (2021) from RM35,351 (Year 1-5) – RM55,899 (Grade 11-12) – Teachers (Springhill): about 60% international teachers
- Subang Jaya: IPC (Primary), Cambridge (Secondary) | Teachers: mostly expats from different parts of the world | Fees 21/22: RM18,540(Y1) – RM27,180 (Y10-11)
- KL (Cheras): IPC & Cambridge | Opened in Jan 2020 | Teachers | Fees Year 1 (5-6 yo): RM29,700 – Year 11: RM42,900
- Valley International School | Brickfields | British | Age: 3-14 | Fee per year (2019): Year 1: RM15,000 – RM22,500
- Vikas International School | Klang Lama | Curriculum: Indian | Fee per year 2020: Standard 1-5: RM10,600 | Standard 9-10: RM13,500
- Wesley Methodist School Kuala Lumpur | British | Sentul Selatan | age: 11-16 – Fee per year 2019: RM20,540 – 24,540
- Zenith International School | National Curriculum of England, Cambridge | Fees 20/21: Klang (Year 7 RM19,700/year), Bukit Raja
- Epsom College in Malaysia | Bandar Baru Enstek, NS | British | Fee per year (2020/21): Year 1: RM62,875 – Year 12,13: RM94,035
- Kolej Tuanku Jaafar | Mantin, NS | Cambridge, Edexcel, IEYC, IPC | Age: 3-18 | Fee per year (2019): RM15,600 – 86,700
- Matrix International School | Sendayan, Seremban | Cambridge –Fee per year (2020): year 1&2: RM21,000 up to year 10 & 11: RM75,600
- Nilai International School | British | Age: 3-16 | Fee per year (2020): RM13,350 – 43,050
- Zenith International School | Seremban, Klang, Bukit Raja | National Curriculum of England, Cambridge | Fees 20/21: Seremban (Year 1 RM9,975/ year)
- Prince of Wales Island International School | British (COBIS member) | Fees 21/22:- Nursery: RM9,600, Year 1: RM13,500 – Year 13: RM54,000 per year
- Straits International School Penang | Fees Year 1: RM21,000 per year | British Cambridge Curriculum
- Marlborough College Malaysia | Iskandar Puteri | British National Curriculum (COBIS Patron’s Accredited), IBDP | Fees 21/22: Pre-prep to Year 2 RM84,000 per annum
- Raffles American School | Puteri Iskandar, Johor – Fee 2020: Grade 5-8: RM89,600 | Grade 9-12: RM96,800
- Stellar International School | Puteri Harbour | IEYC, IPC, Cambridge, Singapore
- Woodlands International School | Sibu | Cambridge, IEYC | Fees 20/21: Kindergarten from RM6k, Y1 RM12,500 per year
Beaconhouse Malaysia Sri Inai International 18km| Taman SEA (PJ) | Curriculum: Cambridge | Fee per year (2021) Year 1 : RM16,800 – Year 11: RM33,090 | Review Aug 2020: Low number of International teachers
Beaconhouse Newlands International School 15km| Jalan Cheras | Cambridge & Inquiry Approach | Age: 4-16 | Fee per year (2021): RM16,800 – RM33,090 | Reviews Jul 2021: Positive community, caring teachers, enthusiastic students, bonding between parents, students and teachers. Reviews Aug 2019: 4-5 expat teachers in the entire school.
Campus Rangers International School | Jalan Klang Lama (Seputeh) & Bukit Jalil | Curriculum: Cambridge & Singapore (Primary) & Cambridge of the British National Curriculum (Secondary) | Fee per year (2021) Year 1: RM14,640 – year 11: RM24,210
Inspiros International School 13km
MAZ International School 10km
Mutiara International Grammar School (MIGS) 15km | Ampang Jaya | British, Cambridge | Age: 3-16 | Fee per year 2019/20 Reception: RM17,745 – Y1 & 2: RM20,280 – Y10 & 11: RM50,700 | International Teachers: 10% Students: 60%
Qosmo International School 10km | PJ | Cambridge | Fees per year 21/22 Sep – Jul Pre-school – Year 1: RM22,080 – Year 10: RM29,670
sri sempurna 12km cheras
ucsi cheras 10km . subang 13km
maple leaf kingsley 20km