As of 1 December 2023, the Immigration Department of Malaysia will require foreign nationals to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) prior to their arrival in Malaysia, not only for usage of e-gate.
1. Those transiting/transferring through Malaysia (it says Singapore on the website, but maybe it should be Malaysia?) without seeking immigration clearance
2. Malaysia Permanent Resident and Long term pass holders
4. Those with Brunei common identification certificates and Brunei Malaysia Frequent Traveller Facility, holders of Thai border passes and Indonesian Cross-Border passes, diplomatic passport holders
How to Fill Out the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC)
- Go to the MDAC page: https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac
- Click “Register”
- Enter your name, passport number and select your nationality
- Fill in the Date of Birth. Click the top twice to select the year of birth
- Fill in your personal and contact details
- Select your Date of Arrival and Departure and Mode of Travel
- Enter your “Last Port of Embarkation” – The country you travel from
- Select the Accommodation of Stay – Hotel/ Motel/ Rest house/ Residence/ Others
- Input the Address in Malaysia.
- Click “Submit”
Source: Malaysia Immigration FB Page
- Your digital arrival card is successfully registered.
You will then receive the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card via email. You can either print it out or save a soft copy.
Autogate for Foreigners
To ease congestion at the immigration clearance checkpoints in Malaysia due to long queues, travellers from these countries can now use the autogate facilities at both KLIA Terminal 1 and 2:
Singapore, Brunei, Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, the United States, and the United Kingdom
Who is Eligible?
Traveler who holds a passport which is valid for at least 6 months, that contains a digital chip that complies with the standards set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
How to use e-gate/ autogate facilities for foreigners traveling to Malaysia
Step 1. Complete and submit the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) within 3 days before arrival, except permanent residents and long term pass holders.
Step 2. For first time users. Enrol and verify your passport at the manual immigration counter.
Step 3. You are now eligible to use the e-gate (autogate) for departure after successful first time registration.
For Subsequent Visits
Step 1. Submit the digital arrival card 3 days prior to your arrival in Malaysia.
Step 2. You can now arrive and depart using the Malaysia autogate.
How to get to the Autogate (e-gate)
- Head to Immigration
- Follow the sign to Malaysian Passport/ Autogate
Travellers arriving at Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) Complex, Sultan Abu Bakar Immigration, Customs, Quarantine and Security (ICQS) and Johor Bahru Sentral
Who is Eligible?
- All Singaporeans (except Malaysian Permanent Resident) or MACS holders
- Passport valid not less than 3 months
- Minimum height: 120cm
According to the immigration department of Malaysia (Entry Requirements to Malaysia) Visitors are required to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card or the IM.26 paper card upon arrival at the gazetted entry points.