Website: cdc.gov.tw | immigration.gov.tw
🦠 Covid-19 Requirements
As of 7th Feb 2023, Taiwan will no longer require Covid-19 PCR testing for visitors arriving from China at ports and airports.
❌ No quarantine, test or vaccination requirements for all travellers
✔️ All arrivals can go out but still need to go through a seven-day self-initiated prevention. Those with symptoms should voluntarily report to the Taiwan Centers for Disease Control.
🧪 Rapid Test
Rapid tests are only required if the arrivals exhibit symptoms. Instead of four free self-test rapid kits, inbound travellers would be given only one. If more rapid tests are required, they can be bought from pharmacies or convenience stores/retailers selling rapid tests.
📝 Online Arrival Card
✔️ Taiwanese government introduces Online Arrival Card for foreign visitors to ROC (Taiwan). For foreign visitors, this measure simplifies the immigration process.
✔️ Before arriving in Taiwan, users just need to provide their arrival information on the National Immigration Agency (NIA) website.
❌ The paper Arrival Card is not required during arrival inspection.
Physical Arrival Card is not required
✔️ You will receive an email informing you that the Online Arrival Card Application is successful.
❌ Do not need to print out
How to Fill the Arrival Card
- First enter your personal details
- Next you have to enter your travel document information
- Enter your Vehicle/ Flight No., Arrival and Departure Dates
- Select the Purpose of your Visit and Occupation
- Enter you home address and address or hotel name in Taiwan
- Finally enter your contact details, check all the information and Press “Confirm”
1. People who are required to fill in an Arrival Card:
(1) Foreigners without an ROC (Taiwan) Resident Certificate / a Diplomatic ID Card / a Resident Visa.
(2) Mainland Chinese with a Multiple Entry & Exit Permit for the purpose of sightseeing.
(3) Hong Kong and Macau Residents with a Single/Multiple Entry & Exit Permit, excluding those who enter Taiwan with an Online Entry Permit / Landing Entry Permit / ROC (Taiwan) Resident Certificate.
(4) Nationals without Household Registration without an ROC (Taiwan) Resident Certificate.
(1) Please fill in an Arrival Card for immigration inspection upon arrival each time, including children
(2) Please offer complete information when filling in the Arrival Card. If the information is found incomplete, you will be required to fill in a paper Arrival Card for immigration inspection.
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Eswatini, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, the Holy See, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan*, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia*, Malta, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia (effective from May 21, 2018, to March 31, 2025), Norway, Palau, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Singapore*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu, UK, and USA*.
- Passport with remaining validity of at least six months
- Confirmed return ticket to the next destination