Fee per year (2021): Year 1: RM21,900 – Year 11: RM45,690
Academic Year starts in Jan to Nov | Year 1 age: 6 years old
Curriculum: IPC & National Curriculum for England
Primary School at Taylor’s International School (TIS) covers Key Stage 1 (Years 1 and 2) and Key Stage 2 (Years 3 to 6) based on the National Curriculum for England, enhanced by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and supported by language education in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin. Secondary programme covers Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. Key Stage 4 is a two-year IGCSE course that culminates in examinations administered by CAIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education).
TIS integrates Quantum Learning which taps into every student’s individual ways of learning to maximise their participation and comprehension.
Teachers talk about Quantum Learning
TIS Kuala Lumpur is a cashless campus. Almost all goods and services in the school can be purchased online or with the swipe of an eCard.
- Taylors was Sri Garden local school rebranded as International School with predominantly local students.
- 3 weeks holidays in August for families like ours where going home over the summer won’t be such an issue. My kids love it and have a full school life with interesting projects and extra curricular activities. If you can’t afford full on international school fees like for British International then compromises must be made but overall you may end up in a better position having spent only a third of the fees you would have done and still getting a satisfying education. I am glad that I took a leap of faith in Taylor’s.
- School starts in January with Nov IGCSEs is not a good idea. Secondly puts students at disadvantage if sitting A levels or IBDP next. Put students back a year for UK Uni.
- The KL campus is better in term of academic teaching, rather old building and no swimming pool. No doubt puchong has better facilities.
- Even if you are 1 day late (which is 4 months before the next quarter) to inform them for your need to take the child out from school, forget your money.
- For primary school Bahasa and Mandarin is a must but they teach at levels suitable to kids just starting to advance depending on capability. My daughter is enjoying. My son chose science and maths subjects at high school so did not need to do additional languages. There is a good mix of international and local teachers and no complaints from kids.
Taylor’s International School (TIS)
Kuala Lumpur (Cheras)
School hours Primary starts at 7.50am. Secondary starts at 9am.
Teachers: 25% International Teachers
Add: No 9 Jalan 1/75C, Off Jalan Pria Taman Maluri, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
General Line: +603 8932 5000 | Admissions Line: +603 9200 9898
School Hours: Primary & Secondary start at 7.45am
Add: No.1 Jln BP 14/7, Bandar Bukit Puchong 2, 47120 Puchong, Selangor Darul Ehsan
General Line: +603 8066 3675 | Admissions Line: +603 5879 5000