Fee per year 2021/22: Prep Senior to Grade 5: RM84,315 | Grade 9-12: RM106,695
Curriculum: North American Educational Frameworks and IB DP
Grade Placement: Prep Senior at ISKL = UK Year 1 | Prep Senior (5-6 yo) to Grade 12 (17-18 yo) | Academic Calendar: Aug – June
School Hours: starts at 8am
Class size: Primary about 20 students per class. Secondary about 24 students per class
Diversity & Internationality: International Students 88%. Teachers 90%
ISKL offers a robust international curriculum that combines North American educational frameworks with global best practice. In Grade 11, students can choose to undertake the full two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), or combine individual IB, Advanced Placement (AP), and High School Diploma courses via the ISKL Pursuits Program to create a customized program that meets the specific individual needs of each student.
The school is accredited internationally through the Council of International Schools (CIS), and in the United States through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). ISKL has a strong focus on service and sustainability across its divisions and is a member of the Eco-Schools organization and the Green Schools Alliance.
- The campus is very modern, and is designed to help bring out the best in students. Very impressed with the facilities, quaint cafe.
- Helpful and kind teachers, provide quality education.
- My physical education teacher in 7th grade motivated me to improve my fitness. The school regularly plans events like TAG days and Middle school dances to raise money for developing disease research centers in poor countries, and animal shelters like the SPCA.
- No bullying but new student finds it hard to fit in.
May 2014 – internationalschoolsreview.com:
- Top tier school in Malaysia
- Good remuneration package for teachers, low turnover of staff and problem with complacency in the way of doing things.
Special Education Needs
The Student Services team serves those diagnosed with learning, intellectual, or developmental differences, and students identified as gifted. The Life-Centered Education (LCE) program has been designed to meet the needs of students with intensive special education needs who require individualized academic and social skills instruction.
The ISKL Campus Tour
International Education Year/ Grade Placement Comparison: US, Canada, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, UK, New Zealand, India, Australia, IB, France, Netherlands Curriculum (Source: ISKL)
600+ seat Robert B. Gaw Theatre
The new campus in Ampang Hilir which officially opened in February 2019 is an urban oasis with naturally ventilated, covered walkways, existing mature plants and a screened facade that improve thermal comfort (hok.com). Go to interactive virtual tours.
The International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL)
Add: No. 2, Lorong Kelab Polo Di Raja, Ampang Hilir, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603 4813-5000
Fax: +603 4813-5100