The NHS COVID Pass lets you share your coronavirus (COVID-19) status records in a secure way.
- You can show the vaccination records in your NHS COVID Pass as proof of your COVID-19 status when travelling abroad.
- Proof of recovery from prior COVID-19 infection if you have tested positive on an NHS PCR test in the last 180 days is also shown.
To Travel from the UK to other countries like Malaysia, Thailand, New Zealand, etc. as tourist, you need to get the COVID Pass to show proof of your Covid-19 status record for quarantine-free entry for example. Requirement can be that the traveller must be fully vaccinated, recovered from Covid-19 within a certain time or tested negative.
Ways to get your COVID Pass
You can get your COVID Pass from the NHS App, Online, by calling 119 (to get a physical letter), but not from the NHS Covid-19 App
It’s best to do this at least 2 weeks before your travel
Check the Name
Please check the name on your passport matches the one that you use for the NHS COVID Pass. If the names are different you are advised to contact your GP practice to have your details updated.
What is NHS login?
NHS login allows you to securely access health websites and apps with just one username and password. You will need to set up an NHS login with Full Access to see your vaccination record or test results (How to Set up your NHS Login with Full access)
How to get NHS COVID Pass from the NHS App
Open the NHS App
At the Home Screen, Press ‘Continue with NHS Login’
Enter your login email address and password
Click on ‘NHS COVID Pass’
Tap on the ‘Travel’ link.
The app will search for your Covid-19 records.
Click ‘Show details’
- It will show a 2D barcode and give the expiry date for your travel COVID Pass.
- You will see a barcode for each of the vaccines that you have received including any booster doses.
- Please have this information ready to be scanned on your phone as you approach your travel border control
- This will show proof of your vaccination status or natural immunity to the staff
- The 2D barcode refreshes each time you log in. If you save a copy of your COVID Pass as a PDF or to your wallet, the barcode will expire 30 days from the date of issue.
- To get a new barcode just log back in.
- If you don’t have access to a computer or smartphone and have been fully vaccinated, you can call 119 for a copy of the NHS COVID Pass letter.
- The letter can take up to five working days to reach you so ensure you order it earlier before you travel.
- Before you travel abroad from England it is recommend that you read advice on gov.uk/coronavirus-travel-abroad