In the MySafeTrevel Portal you can update your overseas vaccine certificate as well as upload or purchase your Covid-19 & Travel Insurance. It is not mandatory that you purchase or upload the insurance on MySafeTravel, as you can also buy it somewhere else and print out the coverage policy before travelling.
[List of COVID-19 and Travel Insurance that you can buy]
When and Who can use this Service
- Application can be made within one month before your travel date
- Only those who have been vaccinated can apply because you are required to upload the QR Code of your latest taken Covid-19 vaccine dose
Mandatory Insurance For Short-Term Foreign Visitors
*Does not apply to Malaysian, Long-Term Social/ Expatriates/ Student/ Study/ Resident/ Permanent Resident Pass, Spouses of Malaysian citizens, Foreign workers including foreign helpers and MM2H
Short Term Foreign Visitors have to purchase insurance coverage for COVID-19 and travel with minimum coverage of US$20,000 (about RM84,210).
- Visit mysafetravel.gov.my/application
- Register a new account if you haven’t done so. Login.
- Select Number of Travellers and Select the Arrival Date
- Press Next
- Select ‘Others’ for Traveller Type
- Check the “Traveller will need to purchase insurance before travelling to Malaysia…” box
- You will be presented with a few options
- If you wish to buy a Covid-19 Travel Insurance, first Click on “How am I covered” to read the Terms in the Product Disclosure Sheet
- Copy of of BERJAYA Sompo Insurance Product Disclosure Sheet
- Select this Option If you want upload your Insurance Policy that you have already bought.
- Fill in your personal details and vaccination information.
- Upload your vaccine certificate QR Code.
For BERJAYA SOMPO Insurance, the cost starts from about RM79 for 30 days | Berjaya Sompo Product Disclosure Sheet
For ZURICH Insurance, it costs approximately RM210.34 for 30 days.