Entry Requirements to Malaysia
- Submit the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) within 3 days before arrival
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity and visa (if required)
- No more Covid-19 restrictions
Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC)
How Does MDAC Work?
Register here: https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac/main?registerMain
Fill in the details truthfully and to your best ability. The objective of the arrival card to to obtain information about incoming travellers entering Malaysia. If there is a confusion, choose the most suitable answer.
- “Date of Departure” is the date you leave Malaysia
- Accommodation of Stay – Select: Hotel, Residence or Others
- Address in Malaysia: Where you will be staying when you are in the country for the Immigration Department of Malaysia to keep track of foreign visitors’ whereabouts.
If you are not staying overnight – you can enter the address of a shop that you are visiting for example.
MDAC FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR SUBMITTING THE MDAC?
No. It’s free.
WHEN SHOULD I SUBMIT THE FORM?
You can start filling up the MDAC form within 3 days before your scheduled arrival. If arrival is on the 5th, then you can submit it on the 3rd, 4th or the 5th.
DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT MDAC ON EVERY VISIT TO MALAYSIA?
Yes, on every entry to the country.
DO CHILDREN HAVE TO SUBMIT THE MDAC?
Yes, every traveller has to complete the MDAC, including children.
IS THERE A GROUP SUBMISSION OPTION?
DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT MDAC IF I AM TRANSITING IN MALAYSIA?
You don’t have to submit the MDAC if you are not clearing immigration. However you do need to submit it if you are transiting and clearing immigration (for example if you need to get your luggage).
DO I HAVE TO FILL OUT MDAC IF I AM NOT USING THE E-GATE?