Located about 78km on the east from Johor Bahru, on the southern east coast of Peninsula Malaysia, Desaru Coast is your perfect beach hideaway. The drive from Kuala Lumpur is about 392km. Distance from the nearest airport Senai International Airport to Desaru Coast is approximately 81 km.
Beach activities, water park, river cruise to explore the mangroves or boat ride to catch the fireflies magically light up the trees at night, try out the local seafood dishes, visit the fruits/ animals farms, Sky Mirror or simply be pampered by the resorts’ amenities.
Book Adventure Waterpark ticket RM50 per pax (Open Thursdays to Sundays, School & Public Holidays)
Desaru Coast Resorts, Els Club (golfing activities), Dash Outdoors (Team Event, Mangrove Tours, watersports) and the Adventure Waterpark. Photo: Hard Rock Hotel
*Rates may vary
- Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast | hardrockhotels.com/desaru | from ~RM445/ night 42sqm room | 5★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Direct access to Adventure Waterpark. Love the hotel design, live band performance. Surrounded by music, even in swimming pools there’s music. Friendly customer service. Children enjoy Kids Club. ❌ Walking distance from room to lift, lobby and car park is very far. Beach can only be accessed by using a buggy/ shuttle to to Westin private beach or Desaru Coast public Beach or 5-10 minutes walk. Breakfast isn’t that impressive. Room is small.
Hard Rock Desaru with amazing facilities, connected to the Adventure Waterpark
- The Westin Desaru Coast Resort | marriott.com/westin-desaru | from ~RM600/ night 52sqm room | 5★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ This place is amazingly beautiful. Room is spacious and splendid clean. The staff friendly and helpful. Facilities are great, pool tables, SPA is heavenly, delicious F&B (particularly Prego Italian restaurant), amazing breakfast buffet, clean, not crowded private beach which is a few steps away, awesome Beach Bar DJ on weekends, buggy and bus service to travel to tourist spots and other hotels. Practice good Covid SOP. ❌ During peak season as u may expect slower check in check out process. Small swimming pool.
Amazing buffet breakfast with lots of variety, clean, connected beach, but pool is rather small.
- Anantara Desaru Coast Resort & Villas | anantara.com/desaru | from ~RM838/ night 49sqm room | 5★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Beautiful, well laid out with great proximity to beach. Rooms are nice with a great balcony with a day bed where you can relax and enjoy the views. Swimming pools are big enough. Tight safety rules. Romantic atmosphere. Cinema under the Stars (7.30pm every Tue & Thurs. Free). ❌ The down-side was the food for the price paid (specially the Malaysian cuisine). Wished the beach has more shady lounge chairs.
Huge balcony with a day bed where you can relax and enjoy the magnificent beach horizon at Anantara
- Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort – Desaru Coast | tunamaya-desaru.careluxuryhotels.com | from ~RM279/ night 40sqm room | 4★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Relaxing nice beach is connected to the hotel. The pool is big and kids friendly. Efficient and helpful staff. ❌ Rooms and building are dated, need to be refurbished. The quality of the food was disappointing. Needs improvement on breakfast variety. Understaffed.
- One&Only Desaru Coast | oneandonlyresorts.com/desaru | from ~RM2296/ night 105sqm room | 5★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ One of the most luxurious resorts in Malaysia! Perfect cleanliness, attentiveness of staff and adherence to SOP. Stunning resort and view of coastline. Suites have private pool. Fun activities, Kids Club is amazing, Outdoor movie, etc.
Private pool and amazing beach, landscape at One&Only Desaru
- Lotus Desaru Beach Resort & Spa, Bandar Penawar | lotusdesaru.com | from ~RM250/ night 59 sqm One-bedroom Suite | 4★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Mini zoo in front of lobby. Comfortable rooms and nice environment. Beach is the best, fantastic view. Easy access to water sports on a beach that’s right beside the resort. Great facilities. ❌ Covid SOP not adhered properly. Crowded pool and breakfast area. Cleanliness of room needs to be improved. Pillow unpleasant smell. Room dated.
- Four Points by Sheraton | from RM223 | Reviews: It’s a clean and neat hotel. Location is also good, there are shops nearby. Not close to beach.
- Lotus Seaview Beach Resort & Spa, Tanjung Punggai | lotusseaview.com.my | from ~RM185/ night 20 sqm One-bedroom Suite | 4★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Love the accommodation, surrounding and the beach. Clean, very well maintained and has a ‘kampung’ vibe. Mini market inside the lobby. Great private beach and view. Peaceful. Good food. ❌ The pool is slightly small.
- Sand & Sandals Desaru Beach Resort & Spa | sandandsandals.com | from ~RM378/ night 55sqm room | 5★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Room is spacious with nice design. There is a bathtub at the balcony facing the beach. Good access to beach. Availability of water sports. Live band at pool side is good. Beautiful beach, large pool and views of sunrise and sunset are excellent. ❌ The rooms could have been cleaned better, felt sandy. Long queue for check-in. Faulty amenities.
- Tiara Desaru Seaview Residence | tiaradesaru.com | from ~RM209/ night 33sqm room | 3★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Good clean residence, it has own good beach and 1 swimming/ water park with a few slides and 2 pools. Cafeteria looks nice. Bbq pit, a mart available. ❌ A bit pricey for non-carpeted floor minimalist room. Not a full-fledged hotel.
- AmanSari Hotel Desaru | amansarihotels.com/ahd | from ~RM163/ night 16 sqm room | 3★ | REVIEWS: ✔️ Convenient location, SKS City Mall, grocery, food outlets nearby. Nice and cozy hotel at affordable rate for business trip if you are not after a beach vacation. ❌ They only give a single key card. Bad sound proofing. The pillows are smelly and rooms are not cleaned thoroughly. They do have a gym, but no pool.