- G Hotel Gurney | Gurney Drive | ghotel.com.my | 5-star | fr ~RM350 | Refurbished in 2016 | Rooms feature Serta mattresses, 300-thread count linens, Herman Miller designer work chairs and eco-friendly Appelles toiletries, 55-inch smart HD LED TVs and a free non-alcoholic minibar. The Grand Ballroom with a BOSE sound system and mood lighting | Reviews: Very convenient, next to shopping malls. Famous Gurney Drive street food is 400m away. Extremely satisfied with the cleanliness and COVID SOP. Well maintained. Nice sea view from the room. Entrance driveway via Gurney Plaza not its own. Free minibar refilled daily.
- G Hotel Kelawai | Persiaran Maktab | Website | 5-star | fr ~RM483 | Opened 2015 | Complimentary mini bar. Free one-way shuttle to UNESCO World Heritage Site and Batu Ferringhi. Cross usage facilities between G Hotel Gurney & Kelawai (located back to back). Next to Gurney Plaza and Gurney Paragon. Gravity rooftop bar (temporarily closed) with 360 view.
- Evergreen Laurel Hotel Penang | Gurney Dr | 5-star | fr ~RM207 | Refurbished in 2011 | Book & Reviews: Spacious, clean room. Hotel, rooms, furniture are old but well maintained. Shopping, eateries walking distance. Buffet is ok, worth it when there is discount.
- Apple 1 Hotel Gurney | LebuhRaya Maktab | 2-star | RM110 | Opened 2013 | Book | Reviews: Room is small but cosy and clean enough for budget hotel. Nice customer service. Breakfast is delicious. Great location, near shopping malls, Adventist Hospital, attractions, restaurants. Con: Parking spot is near roadside. Noisy at night.
- Berjaya Penang Hotel | Jalan Burma | 4-star | fr ~RM112 | Opened 1996. Refurbished 2011 | Reviews: Clean room with a bathtub. Furniture is old. Helpful staff. Strategic location close to shopping mall and food. Dated building. Slow lift.
- Wang’s Hotel @ Gurney Drive | Gurney Dr | 3-star | fr ~RM76 | Opened in 2018 | Clean but small rooms. Considerably new hotel. Value for money budget hotel considering the strategic location at Gurney Drive, near malls, food. Helpful staff. Too basic, no table, chair. Pillow is too flat. Ants in the room. Cleanliness needs improvement in some areas. Limited parking, have find own parking if it’s full.
- Vouk Hotel Suites | Jln Sultan Ahmad Shah | voukhotelsuites.com.my | 4-star | fr ~RM211 | Opened in 2016 | Reviews: Situated near most tourist attractions. Spacious room. Friendly staff. Cheapest rate for Executive suite with jacuzzi bathtub and massage chair. Room has not been thoroughly cleaned, stains on pillow.
- Tropics Eight Suites | Jalan Gottlieb | 3-star | fr RM138 | Modern minimalistic big suite, apartment style and comfy stay, with a good price. The location is very convenient, close to most attractions. Kitchen with microwave and living area sofa. Wonderful staff. Cleanliness can be improved. Hotel basement parking is small and limited. Free car park on the opposite street, abit of a hassle but ok.
- The Gurney Resort Hotel and Residences | Persiaran Gurney | 4-star
Jalan Penang (Penang Road) and Vicinity
Attractions and Local delights: Penang Trishaw Station and street art, Chowrasta Market, Penang Road Teo Chew Cendol, Nasi Kandar Line Clear, Roti Canai Transfer Road, Cheong Fatt Tze – The Blue Mansion, Fort Cornwallis, Padang Kota Lama
- Hotel Continental Penang | Jln Penang | 3-star | fr ~RM96 | Opened 1969. Refurbished 2016 | Reviews: Clean spacious room. Bathroom is rather small, has bathtub. Old & hard mattress. The hotel is old. Ample food choices nearby. 10 min drive to tourist attractions.
- WOW Hotel Penang | Jln Penang | Website | 3-star | fr ~RM76 | Opened in 2019 | Reviews: Central location, 7 min walk to Komtar. Budget hotel with affordable rates, big, very clean, nice rooms with modern interior. Plenty of free parking. Glass walled bathroom with curtain for privacy. Enjoyed the kids and games rooms. Lift too small to accommodate guests. Bad room soundproofing.
- Grand Inn Penang Road | Jalan Penang | Website | 2-star | fr RM74 | Opened 2013 | Budget hotel | Book | Reviews: Looks old but is room is clean, spacious, comfortable. Very friendly staff. Some rooms are smaller but have functional layout. Perfect access to shopping, food, night life, 7/11. Free parking, get access card from hotel. Bad soundproofing due to traditional windows.
- Merchant Hotel Penang | Jln Penang | 3-star | fr ~RM121 | Opened 1984. Refurbished 2015 | Reviews: Clean room. Great location. Professional staff. Very basic breakfast. Old but well-maintained. Limited parking.
- Cititel Penang | Jln Penang | Website | 4-star | fr ~RM160 | Reviews: Great cleanliness, breakfast, service, extremely excellent location. Nice ocean view. Room design is old compared to other hotels.
- Loop On Leith | Leith St | Website | fr RM108 | Opened 2019 | Modern looking. Walking distance to delicious local delights – 170m to Line Clear Nasi Kandar. 900m to Komtar. 550m to Penang Rd Teo Chew Cendol. 450m to Ais Tingkap (Coconut, rose, herbs shaved ice) & Chowrasta Market. Small basement carpark with limited parking. Small room. Cleanliness has to be improved.
- The Edison George Town, Penang | Lebuh Leith | 4-star | fr ~RM333 | Built in 1906. Restored turned into boutique hotel: 2016 | Book | Reviews: High standard hospitality. Striking property, façade, courtyard, heritage luxury with loads of character. Comfortable, clean (30+) rooms. Free flow beverage and treats at lounge. Complimentary cheese and wine in the evenings. Close to tourist hotspots. Noisy at night, karaoke across the road. Bathroom has no door. Rooms at ground flr have no windows except bathroom. Only suites have bathtub.
- Cheong Fatt Tze – The Blue Mansion | Lebuh Leith | 4-star | cheongfatttzemansion.com | fr ~RM445 | Built in the late 19th Century, it was the most lavish construction of the time, it served as home and office. It has been restored and opened as a boutique hotel and for public viewing (ticket: adult RM24).
- OZO George Town Penang | Jalan Argyll | 3-star | fr RM193 | Opened 2020 | Book | Reviews: Innovative interior design. Brand new comfortable room. Extremely clean. Rooftop infinity pool is awesome, 360 degree view of Georgetown. Good breakfast. Very friendly staff. Auto lift parking system. Exceeded expectation.
- Muntri Grove | Muntri St | 3-star | georgetownheritage.com | fr ~RM268 | Opened in 2014 | Reviews: Extremely amazing reviews on service, atmosphere, location and the restored colonial property. Perfect location for cafe, street art and night life (hence the noise). Walking distance to Chowrasta, Line Clear and Hameediyah. Staff are really warm. Beautifully renovated, clean, big rooms and relaxing rustic pool.
- The Southern Boutique Hotel | Muntri St | 3-star | fr ~RM100 | Opened 2017 | Reviews: Clean and beautiful interior and nice place to hangout in the roof garden. Coway water at hallway. Good service. Noisy due to its strategic location in town.
- Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang | Lebuh Farquhar | 4-star | fr ~RM131 | Opened 1986. Refurbished 2012 | Service is great. Large, clean room with outdated design. Nice sea view. Pool needs lots of refurbishment. The parking is far, entrance and exit share the same entry point causing inconveniences.
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel, Penang | Lebuh Farquhar | eohotels.com | 5-star | fr ~RM464 | Opened 1885. Refurbished in 2019 | Reviews: This heritage hotel is really beautiful, comfortable and classy with colonial setting. Excellent breakfast food. Great room and Andaman sea view. Service is generally good except for the waitstaff at breakfast.
- Urban H Hotel Penang | Argyll Road | 3-star | fr RM169
- Georgetown Hotel | Jalan Larut | 3-star | fr ~RM77 | Budget
Georgetown Komtar Area and Others
Attractions: Komtar Tower The TOP Theme Park and Rainbow Skywalk (thetop.com.my), Prangin, 1st Avenue Mall, Penang Times Square. Tech Dome Penang Science Museum. Armenian Street – heritage shops selling trinkets, Temples, Clan Houses, eateries. Street Art. Little India. Peranakan Mansion. Wonder Food Museum. Clan Jetties.
Food: New Lane Street Food Stalls. Chowrasta Market. Hameediyah and Deens Maju Nasi Kandar. Pitt St and Tiger Char Koay Teow.
- The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, Penang | Jalan Magazine | stgileshotels.com | 4-star | fr ~RM221 | Opened in 2015 | Eco-friendly BMW i Wallbox Electric vehicle charging station at Level 2 car park. Reviews: Excellent service, occupancy pretty low due to pandemic. Clean rooms, good food, facilities. Centrally located, walking distance to iconic Komtar, malls, local delights. The plastic gloves SOP for buffet is not eco-friendly and unnecessary.
- JEN Penang Georgetown by Shangri-La (Previously Traders Hotel) | Magazine Rd | shangri-la.com | 4-star | fr ~RM210 | Opened 1986. Refurbished in 2017 | Reviews: Large, comfy room. Extremely clean. Excellent service and breakfast. Strategically located next to Komtar, 1st Avenue Mall (connecting bridge). Downside is limited parking space at the basement, have to park at the mall and get it reimbursed. Ventilation in the bathroom can be improved.
- M Summit 191 Executive Hotel Suites | Jalan Magazine | 3-star | fr ~RM226 | Opened in 2017 | Reviews: Spacious room and bathroom. Automated elevator carpark system but need to wait. The suite is beyond expectations. Suites with different theme; Serene (modern), Baroque (deeper colors), Classic (brick wall), etc. Feels more like an apartment as it comes with living room, sofa, dining table. Lovely view. Nice rooftop bar. Suitable for family and business. Great service and location, right opposite Komtar.
- Sunway Hotel Georgetown | Lorong Baru | sunwayhotels.com/georgetown | 4-star | fr ~RM157 | Opened 1994. Refurbished in 2012 | Additional 5% discount when fully vaccinated. Reviews: Located at the heart of Georgetown, Penang Times Square is 200m away, easy access to interesting places, especially food. Helpful staff, spacious clean comfortable room, with view of Komtar. Car park is horribly narrow and always full. Some services are not available or limited due to pandemic, such as restaurants, pool.
- Areca Hotel Penang | Jalan Khoo Sian Ewe | Website | 3-star | RM194-RM411 | Hotel with heritage design, impeccable cleanliness and service, everything you need is within walking distance, 5 min walk Prangin Mall and Chowrasta Market. Great way to relax at their beautiful courtyard with plants. Free afternoon tea. Have to find street parking, get parking coupons.
- Cititel Express Penang | Lebuh Noordin | 3-star | fr ~RM106 | Reviews: Clean, comfy, small room. Great location. Limited toiletries are not provided, bathroom is small and dated.
- Hotel NEO+ Penang by ASTON | Jalan Gurdwara | 3-star | fr ~RM120 | Opened 2015 | Book | Reviews: Nice hotel, 7 min walk to Komtar area, 3 min walk to Deens Maju Nasi Kandar. Modern room design, good amenities, gym and pool. Good service. Areas to be improved: housekeeping, maintenance of equipment & lift, slow check-in. Free indoor multi-level parking space.
- White Mansion Penang | Lebuh Noordin | fr ~RM138
- Sinkeh | Lebuh Melayu | 1-star | 04-261 3966 | A rustic guesthouse and space for the arts. Shower under moonlight/ natural light. Spaces in the building for performances/ theater.
- Hotel Penaga | Jalan Hutton | 4-star | fr RM168 | Built in 1040s. Building restored and hotel opened in 2010 | Antique furniture and restored wooden flooring. Rooms with private Jacuzzi type bathtub. Free breakfast provided. Location is good, with eateries nearby. Signs of wear and tear. Faulty equipment and fixtures. Water leaking. Property needs better maintenance and housekeeping. No dedicated parking.
- Tune Hotel George Town Penang | Jalan Burma | Website | 3-star | fr RM76 | Right next to New World Park food court. Budget hotel with no phone, tv, coffee making facilities, fridge. Free Wifi provided.
- Le Embassy Hotel, George Town | Jalan Burma | leembassy.com.my | fr RM117 | Built in 1957. Hotel opened in 2019 | They provide ROSSLYN FRANCE Hair & Body Shampoo which make your shower experience luxuriously indulgent. Parisian vibe. Room with Komtar view.
- Reunion Heritage House | Lebuh Victoria | 3-star | Located at the heart of the old town. 400m to Clan Jetties, Penang Street Art and Magic World. 300m to Ghost Museum.
- Macalister Mansion | Jalan Macalister | 4-star | fr ~RM1009 | Reviews: This beautifully restored colonial mansion is now a Chic boutique hotel with 8 rooms. Spacious, clean rooms. Stunning decor. Love the Aesop amenities. Attentive service. Delightful cocktails. Excellent for couples. Food leaves much to be desired.
- Courtyard by Marriott Penang | Jalan Macalister | marriott.com | 3-star | fr ~RM350 | Opened in 2020 | Reviews: This new hotel is clean, spacious room with spectacular view. Courteous staff provides excellent experience. Walking distance to lots of good food.
- Frame Hotel | Lorong Selamat | 3-star | fr RM102 | Opened 2019 | Too beautiful for the price. Good mattress and pillows. Spacious room and bathroom and they are extremely clean. Modern design. Helpful staff. New World Park Food court which houses the famous Swatow Lane Ice kacang is 250m away, 3 min walk. 10 min walk to Komtar. Hotel does not have its own car park, have to look for street parking. No pool.
- Travelodge Georgetown | Jalan Macalister | 3-star | fr ~RM91 | Opened 2019 | Reviews: Comfortable, new, basic room and lobby. Facilities not so good. Toiletries are not fully equipped. A few parking spaces in front of hotel, extremely limited. Good location, walking distance to restaurants.
- Macalister Hotel by PHC | Lebuh Nanning | phchotels | 3-star | fr RM174 | Opened in 2019 | Book/ Reviews: Smells good, good quality amenities, great location, eateries nearby, Ayer Itam Duck rice just opposite. Chic and exceptionally clean room, newly renovated. Staff always cheerful and helpful. Enjoyed the breakfast. No parking provided, you have to find your own parking nearby.
- Summer Tree Hotel Penang | Jalan Rangoon | 2-star | fb/SummerTree | fr ~RM89 | Opened 2017 | Reviews: Clean, homely, friendly environment, close proximity to shopping and food haven; Penang Road. Walk 5 min to Anson Road wet market where you can buy yummy treats. Budget hotel with affordable price. Best budget hotel. Free parking but limited, first come first served.. Problem with overbooking, system mix-up.
- Seven Terraces | Stewart Ln | Website | 4-star | fr ~RM474 | Renovated 2012 | Reviews: Beautifully decorated with attention to detail. Old Penang Chinese style boutique hotel. Vintage furniture, modern bathroom. Staff went above and beyond. Tea and nyonya snacks at the poolside every afternoon. Huge room & bathroom, extremely comfortable bed. Clean and well maintained. Smell of essential oil. Meals are really good.
- Garden Inn Hotel | Jalan Anson | 3-star | fr ~RM72 | Budget hotel | Reviews: Ample free parking space. Free hot/ cold water in the hallway. Room is basic, big, comfortable, at competitive rate but old. No nice view. Stained towels, noise from hallway can be heard. No fridge.
- Modern Hotel Georgetown | Muntri St | Website | 4-star | fr ~RM136 | Opened in 2020 | Reviews: Hotel and room interior are highly instagramable. The bathtub is really nice in a glass bathroom. Room is clean, combines classic, use of vintage tiles and modern finishes. Huge parking space next door. Good service. Small pool at rooftop.
- Le Dream Boutique Hotel | Jalan Pintal Tali | 4-star | fr ~RM127 | Opened 2015 | Reviews: Artsy boutique hotel, huge bed, exceptionally clean room, towels, sheets. Best value for money. Breakfast and food are really good. Free wine, juice, ice cream, daily movies with free popcorn. Amazing service.
- Kimberley Hotel Georgetown | Jalan Sungai Ujong | 3-star | fr ~RM74 | Opened 2016 | Budget hotel
- Hotel Sentral Georgetown | Lorong Kinta | 3-star | fr ~RM84 | Refurbished 2012 | budget hotel
- Mei Hotel Penang | Lorong Abu Siti | fb/meihotel | 3-star | fr ~RM144 | Opened 2017 | Hidden gem, new, very very clean rooms. You will be surprised by view at night, go to the viewing deck at rooftop, the lighted Komtar tower. Modern ambiance. Welcoming staff. Internet speed is amazing. Easy to get around. Bad sound proofing.
- Jx Hotel | Taman Lita (Jelutong) | fr ~RM63 | Reviews: Free outdoor parking. Economical. Far from tourist attractions. Small hotel, basic room, amenities, no toiletries. Bad sound proofing.
- Ink Hotel | Jalan Siam | 2-star
- The Gallivant Hotel | Jalan Patani | fr RM117 | Opened 2020
- Nam Keng Hotel | Lebuh Cintra |Website | 3-star | fr ~RM201 | A restored heritage house built in the 1900’s with 8 rooms, interior is perfect for photography | Reviews: Historically restored townhouses with modern amenities and comfortable rooms.
- Campbell House Penang | Lebuh Campbell | 4-star | fr ~RM265 | Reviews: Excellent service, breakfast, cleanliness, atmosphere, location. Highly recommended.
- Chulia Mansion Hotel | Chulia St | 3-star
- Eastern Hotel | Chulia St
- Brown Hotel | Jalan Perak | | fr RM118 | Opened 2019 | Website | New hotel, modern industrial design.
- Reunion Carnarvon | Lebuh Carnarvon | 3-star
- Armenian Street Heritage Hotel | Lebuh Carnarvon | 3-star | 400m to Street Art Penang. Armenian Park (lovely decorations) is just across the street. 200m to Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi (heritage temple with ornate architecture).
- The Prestige Hotel Penang | Gat Lebuh Gereja | theprestige.my | 5-star | fr ~RM314 | Opened 2019 | Modern Victorian design | Reviews: Room is spanking new, classy, clean at good location. Outstanding amenities. Poor service and slow check in during peak hours. Shower room is transparent and can only cover with curtain, perfect for couples. Free private parking.
- Royale Chulan Penang | Pengkalan Weld | 4-star | fr ~RM131 | Opened 2014 | Info & Reviews: Comfortable stay, room is generally clean. Some rooms with beautiful sea view. Friendly staff. Walking distance to tourist spots. The food court in front of hotel is the best. Hotel provides free covered car park but limited parking. Late check-in, run out of towels, during busy days.
- Victoria Garden Hotel | Lebuh Victoria | Website | 3-star | fr ~RM192 | Opened 2018 | Lots of attention to details in the room like lighting, power points. Small but clean room with lovely design. Covered free parking. 400m to Street Art. Overbooked, slow check-in. Disappointed with breakfast, food.
- M Qube Hotel Penang | Sungai Nibong | mqube.com.my | 2-star | fr RM58 (single room) | Capsule hotel with fluffy pillows, extremely clean condition, sheets and toilet. Strict SOP. Friendly and helpful. Great shared facilities. Near Queensbay mall. Bad sound-proofing.
Bayan Lepas (Non-beach resort)
- Olive Tree Hotel Penang | Jalan Mahsuri | olivetree.my | 4-star | RM191-RM312 | Opened 2015 | Very Clean room and wonderful ambiance. Top notch in terms of SOP and sanitization. Good service, food.
- Eastin Hotel Penang | Queensbay | 4-star | fr ~RM240 | Opened 2009. Refurbished 2017 | Info & Reviews: High quality service. Small room with comfy bed and pillows, nice city view. Clean hotel inside out. Good facilities. Small pool and narrow parking. Location near Penang bridge and airport.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Penang (Previously Vistana) | Jalan Bukit Gambir | 4-star | fr ~RM228 | Renovated 2013 | Delicious breakfast. Nice and comfortable room. Decor is outdated. Next to the original Kayu Nasi Kandar. Marriott Hotels affordable range.
- Eureka Hotel Penang | The Promenade | Website | 3-star | fr RM107 | Opened 2018 | Room is clean. Budget hotel with a really beautiful interior. Convenient location, food, shops and entertainment walking distance. near airport. Friendly service. Needs better maintenance on equipment like tv, air-cond, tap. Have to pay for parking RM10 max.
- Hotel Seri Malaysia Penang | Jalan Mayang Pasir 2 | 2-star | fr RM109 | Reviews: Friendly and helpful staff. Lots of parking space. Simple comfortable room. Needs to improve on: cleanliness, maintenance of equipment.
- Raia Hotel Penang | Kompleks Tabung Haji | 3-star | raiahotels.com.my | The hotel is undergoing renovation and will be reopened in 2022.
- OYO 89540 B Hotel Penang | Jalan Pantai Jerejak | RM48-RM118 | Relaxing budget hotel with good service. Water heater, air cond can be faulty and slightly dusty.
- DeView Hotel Penang (景轩) | Jalan Pasar (Ayer Itam) | fr RM161 | Opened in 2019 | Kek Lok Si Temple and Penang Hill Lower Station is about 1 km away to Penang Hill The Habitat. Plenty of street food and market nearby.
Batu Ferringhi & Beach Resorts/ Apartments
Attractions: Entopia (Ticket RM39 after discount), Tropical Spice Garden (Ticket RM15), Ferringhi Night Market, BoraBora @ Ferringhi – beach cafe and bar
- Hard Rock Hotel Penang | Ferringhi | fr ~RM315 | Opened 2009. Refurbished in 2016 | hardrockhotels.com/penang | Reviews: Funky, thematic hotel, spectacular view. Very popular, too crowded during holidays. Music, and intricacies of the details, unique experience. Great facilities, pool (3 slides), direct access to beach, perfect for families. Excellent hospitality. Clean, comfortable room. Lagoon Deluxe room – Deck that allows you to dive into the swimming pool. 2km to Tropical Spice Garden.
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa | Ferringhi | ~RM502-RM1,951 | Renovated 2015 | Book & Reviews: Clean and well maintained private beach with bar/ restaurant. Facilities are top notch. Beautiful and luxurious hotel. Clean, very big room. Attentive staff. Amazing afternoon tea at the lounge. Worth the expensive rate.
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang | Ferringhi | Eco-certified | RM239-RM1,065 | Opened in 2018 | Free shuttle to Georgetown | Info & Reviews: Cross the road/ overhead bridge to the beach, no direct access. Clean and nice room but some with cracked wall and leaking issue, moldy smell. RM3 parking per day. Strict restriction on the number of people in pool. Lovely sunset from the room balcony. Slow check-in during peak dates.
- Angsana Teluk Bahang | Teluk Bahang | angsana.com | Opened 2020 | Reviews: Every room has sea views to die for, modern interior, fancy landscaping, well-trained team. Two-bedroom Pool Suite has a small private pool. Spacious, new, room with quality mattress, luxurious bathroom & amenities. Easy access to beach (shared with public). Ample parking. 2km to Entopia. Located further away from town. Slow check-in.
- Lexis Suites Penang | Teluk Kumbar (Bayan Lepas) | lexissuitespenang.com | Opened 2016 | RM406-RM828 | Reviews: Room with a little private pool. Spectacular sea view. Great for family. Amazing hospitality but slow check-in & room service. Pretty run down for 5-star hotel. Bathroom with glass wall, no privacy. Dust in room and corridor.
- Shangri-La Golden Sands | Ferringhi | RM293-RM1,025 | Opened 1980. Refurbished 2009/10 | Reviews: Great place to go with kids. Love the pool, water splash zone and whirlpool. Connected to beach where watersports are available. Great facilities and hospitality, excellent wait staff. Check-in takes too long, overcrowded. Hotel is dated and rooms are not very clean.
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort | Ferringhi | panpacific.com | ~RM327-RM917 | Refurbished in 2018 | Great gym and 2 pools, great for family. Friendly staff managing the crowd. Love the pillows in the clean, large and comfortable room. Only Seaview room has bathtub. Excellent breakfast/ F&B. Direct access to beach. The night market is just right outside the resort. Limited parking.
- Hompton By The Beach | Tanjung Tokong | 4-star | RM249-RM745 | Book & Reviews: Clean room with breathtaking view, friendly staff, direct access to private beach. Limited and narrow parking space. Using the lift takes a long time due to SOP of 4 pax per lift. Some are violating the rule. Mamak stall right outside the hotel. Tesco is 5 min drive.
- Hotel Mercure Penang Beach | Tanjung Bungah | all.accor.com | 4-star | fr RM266-RM454 (28sqm) | Opened 1993. Refurbished 2018 | Relaxing stay, comfy new, clean room with nice sea view. Private beach and lovely swimming pool. Accommodating, friendly. Limited free parking or at premium rate or at Tanjung Point at RM3 per entry. Bad sound-proofing. Slow check-in.
- Flamingo Hotel | Tanjung Bungah | RM147-RM2,098 | Renovated in 2014 | Fantastic pool, beach access with great hospitality. Room with balcony, great view but not cleaned properly and feels old. Breakfast lacks variety. Guests not following SOP and social distancing, overcrowded.
- Bayview Beach Resort | Ferringhi | Website | RM235-RM844 | Refurbished 2014 | Love the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness. Room is old but well-maintained. Connecting rooms available. Easy access to beach. Great and big pool. Kids love the slide, like a mini water park. Free large parking facility is provided but will be full during season.
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort | Tanjung Bungah | RM142-RM210 | Opened 1995. Renovated 2007 | Price is very reasonable. Room is big with balcony & lovely sea view but smells of mold, kinda old school style. Beach access. Equipment is rusty.
- Lone Pine Hotel | Ferringhi | 3-star | fr RM352 (45sqm) | Website | Established 1948. Renovated 2010 | View from balcony is too captivating and therapeutic. This boutique hotel is old but well kept with colonial charm. Big room with nice design. Not all rooms have bathtub. Picnic and candlelight dinner by the beach is romantic. Perfect for couples, not so for families. Professional customer service. Complimentary lunch and room upgrade for late check-in. Part of the hotel is undergoing renovation in 2021, some facilities, gym, restaurant are closed and quite dusty in certain areas.
- Lost Paradise Resort | Ferringhi | 3-star | fr RM200 | Opened 2013 | Resort with Balinese vibe. Colorful, art pieces, wooden and marble handiwork. infinity pool lined with black volcanic rock. Very instagrammable. Small private beach. Staff were delightful and eager to help. Limited parking.
- Hotel Sentral Seaview | Tanjong Tokong | Website | 3-star | RM112-RM350 | Opened in 2014 | Reviews: Rooms and bathroom are not clean. Nice sea view. Beach is a few steps away. Kids love the beach and pool. Limited parking. Service is slow.
- Leisure Cove Hotel & Apartments | Jalan Wee Hein Tze (Tanjung Bungah) | 3-star | fr RM81 | Opened: 1995. Renovated: 2016 | Nice view from the room facing the sea and rooftop swimming pool. Basic kitchenette. Faulty equipment, air-cond not functioning well. Old furniture, cleanliness can be improved.
- By The Sea Penang | Ferringhi | Homestay apartment (6 pax) | fr RM559 | Direct access to public beach. Nice infinity pool overlooking the beach. Nice, clean and well maintained property. Washing machine, dryer, kitchen with kitchenette. Near night market. Very strict rules. In-house parking.
- Tanjung Point Residences | Jln Tanjung Tokong (Tanjung Bungah) | tanjungpoint.com | Beachside Apartment | fr RM283 (Studio 27sqm) | Opened 2018 | Perfect sea and city view. Cozy, clean and spacious. There’s a kitchen with kitchenette at 2 bedroom apartment. Sitting area and Infinity pool with seaview is really nice but have to queue to use due to Covid SOP. Beach is a few steps away from lobby. Below average customer service.
- Vangohh Eminent | Taman Machang Bubok | 5-star | RM201-RM998 | Opened 2017 | Lovely room decor, there are 6 themes. Live band in the bar restaurant. Hotel located at a remote area.
- The Light Hotel | Lebuh Tenggiri 2 (Seberang Jaya) | Website | 5-star | fr RM198-RM350 | Opened 2015 | Kids love the well maintained pool. Extremely clean room. Very professional and attentive service. Breakfast with good variety. Parking with cashless payment (tng) and can validate at reception to enjoy free parking. Limited indoor but plenty of outdoor car park.