Contents. Go to
⓵ SkyBridge Cable Car (Machinchang Cambrian Geoforest Park) | ⓶ Dataran Lang (Eagle Square) | ⓷ Underwater World Langkawi | ⓸ Beach Resorts | ⓹ Animal Parks – Langkawi Wildlife Park. Crocodile Adventureland | ⓺ Duty Free Shopping | ⓻ Beaches – Tanjung Rhu. Cenang | ⓼ Tour & Sports – Geoforest Park Tour, Island Hopping, Water Sports | ⓽ Waterfalls | ⓾ Makam Mahsuri
Popular Things to do in Langkawi
The next time you are in Langkawi, check out these places that visitors frequent the most, how well rated they are, the positive as well as the not-so-good aspects.
As of Nov 2021 – number of reviews and rating on Google Reviews
Langkawi Sky Bridge Cable Car
SkyGlide, SkyCab and SkyBridge against the magnificent backdrop of nature. Photo: panoramalangkawi
Ticket (Klook) Malaysian Adult (SkyCab, SkyDome, SkyRex, 3D Art Langkawi) – Normal: RM40 | Express: RM82 | Glass+Express: RM98 | VIP (private+meals+Express): RM540 (3 pax) | Private+Express: RM550 (6 pax)
*as of 25 Nov 2021, SkyGlide is closed for maintenance.
SkyCab – Cable car that brings visitors to the Middle and Top Stations hovering over 550 million years old rock and incredible panorama. Sharing with maximum of 6 pax except for Private.
SkyBridge – Ticket: RM6 for adult and RM4 for children. At 125m, SkyBridge is one of the longest curve suspension bridges in the world, perched on the peak of Gunung Mat Cincang.
SkyGlide – Two-way ticket at RM16 for adult and RM11 for children. Takes visitor Top Station <-> SkyBridge.
SkyRex – Immersive 4D simulation with seats on a tram styled simulator and curved surround-screen.
SkyDome – Enjoy 360 degrees of 3D image projections created by 12 projectors.
Oriental Village – Located at the foothills of Machinchang Cambrian Geoforest Park, with instagrammable spots, over 95 outlets; souvenirs, casual clothing, mouth-watering food, Oriental Village is also where the entry point to take the SkyCab is.
Reviews 2021: Makes me realize how beautiful Langkawi is inside the cable car. Well maintained facilities. Really windy up there. A must visit in Langkawi. To go to the Sky Bridge, you have to pay to take the SkyGlide OR take the *free* nature walk surrounded by trees which is quite shaded. If Skyglide is under maintenance, prepare to walk and climb stairs. You can get the Glass gondola and can skip queue.
Sky bridge will be closed during bad weather. Ticket purchasing process is a bit confusing and expensive.
Dataran Lang (Eagle Square)
The magnificent landmark Dataran Lang. Photo: foreverbreak.com
Add: Persiaran Putera Kuah, 07000 Langkawi
Reviews 2021: Dataran Lang is Langkawi’s most iconic landmark, must visit place with nice panoramic view of the bay with mountains in the background, next to the main jetty terminal. Come during evening or early morning to avoid the sweltering heat. Stunningly beautiful. Love the 40-feet statue of an eagle about to fly off a star-shaped platform. There are also shops around the area. It’s well maintained and there are fountains with coloured lights after sunset. Garden nearby.
Underwater World Langkawi
Add: Pantai Cenang, Mukim Kedawang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
Ticket: Malaysian Adult – Normal: RM31 | Full experience Combo (+ a 15-min video at the auditorium equipped with 3 projectors + RM2 ice cream voucher): RM40
Reviews 2021: Main attraction was spending about 2 hours enjoying ice cream while watching penguins. Wonderful sea life with some rare species. Kids definitely love it. Fish and other sea creatures on show are beautiful. We are lucky to see mermaid on show. Must watch Under deep sea show which available with combo ticket.
The place is not maintained well. A little run down. The ticket price was a bit steep.
According to the reviews/ numbers on TripAdvisor and Google Reviews, the most popular beach resort in Langkawi with the best value is 5-Star Pelangi Beach Resort (~RM530), while the top rated 5-Star resorts go to The Danna Langkawi (~RM1100) and The Datai Langkawi (~RM1600). Two of the newest well received hotels are 4-Star Aloft Pantai Tengah (opened in 2018 ~RM450) and 5-Star Ritz-Carlton (~RM1600) which opened its doors in 2017.
Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa
Add: Pantai Cenang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah
Reviews of Pelangi Beach Resort 2021: What makes this place special is the warmth and hospitality of its staff. I have tried all the room categories, and the best one so far is the seaview (of course). The sandy beach is just a few steps away. Clean rooms and well-kept beach. This is the most child-friendly hotel we’ve ever stayed in with 2 pools for children and adults and amazing facilities.
Langkawi Wildlife Park
Add: Lot 1485, Jalan Ayer Hangat, Kampung Belanga Pecah
Ticket (Klook): Malaysian:- RM17 | Non-Malaysian:- RM39
Facebook Reviews 2019-2021: Stepping foot inside th park is like entering a whole new world. Voice of the birds singing, very calming, informative. Staff are very approachable and friendly, treated us like VIP. Place is clean, well-maintained and kids-friendly. Perfect place for children to learn and interact with animals. Feeding the deer was an amazing experience.
Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (1k+ reviews)
Jalan Datai | crocodileadventureland.com | Adult Tickets: RM30 (Malaysian). RM45 (Non-Msian) | Reviews: We are not croc fans but we had lots of fun, for kids as well. There’re a few feeding times and shows, different and rare species, place is big, clean, well-maintained, friendly staff. Visitors can feed baby crocs. Other than crocodiles, nothing else to do. Many crocs cooped up in a small enclosure. Crocodile “fishing” is cruel. Not wheelchair friendly.
Duty Free Shopping
Photo: The Zon Duty Free
Duty free items/ food products can be bought and consumed in Langkawi but there is a restriction in bringing things out. According to The Royal Malaysian Customs, Goods Exempted from payment of customs duty per person:
- Wine/spirit/malt/liquor not exceeding 1 liter in all.
- Tobacco not exceeding 225 grams (equal to 200 sticks of cigarettes).
Popular Duty Free Shops/ Malls in Langkawi
- Haji Ismail Group (4k+ reviews) | hajiismailgroup.com.my | Jalan Pandak Mayah (Pusat Bandar Kuah) | Reviews: Best place to buy chocolates, has more variety, imported, local, at cheaper price. Many choices of kitchenware and luggage are also available. Can be really packed with tourists by the busloads.
- Billion Duty Free Supermarket (2k+ reviews) | Persiaran Putra Kuah | bmcsb.com | Reviews: A big hypermarket with all the things; duty free chocolates, alcohol, perfume, cigarettes, toys, clothing, electrical products, fresh produce, etc. at reasonable price. Good selection. Vege and fruits from Cameron, always fresh. Linked to Langkawi Fair Mall. Many restaurants. Too much plastic used.
- Langkawi Fair Shopping Mall | Persiaran Putra Kuah | langkawifairshoppingmall.com | Reviews: Underwhelming mall, not many choices, with a few outlets of sports brands, fashion: Nike, Adidas, SKECHERS, XES Signature, Under Armour, Puma, Clarks, Dockers, Levi’s, Giordano, etc. More things to buy at the connected Billion Supermarket. Can find cheap eats.
- The Zon Duty Free Zone (3k+ reviews) | fb.com/thezondutyfree | Pantai Cenang | Since Covid the variety has reduced. Has a decent selection of liquor, chocolates, tobacco & perfume. Alcohol very cheap but you can take only 1L bottle out of Langkawi. Selective items at good price, other things can be pricy.
- Teow Soon Huat Duty Free (2k+ reviews) | fb.com/tshdutyfree | Langkawi Parade Shopping Centre | Great place to get something cheap compare other duty free shops. Alcohol is cheaper than in the airport by 15-20%. Some items near expiry date. Can buy groceries, fashion, etc.
- Idaman Suri | Taman Seri Berlian (Kuah) | Reviews: Paradise to buy your homeware, kitchenware, pots, pans, cutlery, souvenirs, etc. stunning at incredible price. Tefal, Corelle, branded set, etc. Big and comfortable shopping.
- Coco Valley | Pantai Cenang | Reviews: Used to have a big selection of chocolates but due to pandemic, now not many choices. Price almost the same as the other famous places. Walking distance from Cenang Beach. Ample parking RM3 per entry. Some chocolates near expiry date.
- Cenang Mall (4k+ reviews) | Jln Pantai Chenang | fb.com/cenangmall.langkawi | Reviews: Two levels small mall. Not many outlets, shops are not major brands, a few restaurants. Located at the vibrant Cenang beach area. The mall is not very impressive.
Kalut Cafe & Bar Tanjung Rhu and Restoran Seafood Anis Tanjung Rhu
Tanjung Rhu Beach
Location: Tanjung Rhu public beach on Google maps
Reviews 2021: This beach is far from the city but probably the best one in Langkawi. Wide beach facing few small islands. Best for sunset / dinner. Very quiet and clean beach, a few shops, cafes, bar. Beach with beautiful soft white sand, water here is crystal clear. Free entry & parking.
Reviews 2021: Clean beach, low tide the beach very wide nice for jogging. Nice to chill and hang out. Very happening at night but traffic jam. Very crowded place during weekend. Beautiful beach and sunset. Plenty of food shacks, water sports.
The amazing photography of the happening Pantai Cenang by Raj Photography Langkawi – Check out more of his work
Tourists can take a walk along Jalan Pantai Cenang where there are restaurants, shops or hang out at Dataran Cenang which is located at the beach in front of Cenang Mall.
Geoforest Parks and Island Hopping
Mother nature blesses us with such beautiful forests and sights, the biodiversity plays an important role in maintaining the health of the ecosystem. Touring the forests can be an amazing experience but it can also cause a lot of harm to these locations. Try not to bring plastics to avoid you accidentally misplacing it. It is very important that you don’t leave anything behind, put the trash in your bag. Please do not touch/ damage the marine life.
Kilim Geoforest Park
About 2k+ Reviews
Among the remarkable features found in Kilim are the pristine mangrove, limestone forests, caves, dramatic karstic landscapes, geological heritage diversity and colourful cultures. It is the only place in Malaysia where one can find a coexistence of coastal karst and mangrove ecosystems and the first UNESCO Geopark in SEA.
Mangrove Boat Tour. Photo: langkawi-info.com
Add: Sungai Kilim Tourist Jetty, Kampung Kilim, Mukim Ayer Hangat, Kilim, Langkawi, Kedah
Hours: The park is opened from 9am to 5pm everyday.
Mangrove Boat Tour (max 10 people) – River Cruise, floating fish farm, eagle watching, bats cave, crocodile cave, beach, fish feeding. Discounted 2 hour: RM220 | 4 hour: RM350
Reviews of Kilim Geoforest Park 2021: There were plenty of stalls selling food and drinks at the park. Toilets were very clean. All the staffs were helpful and nice. Lots to see in a truly unique geopark in the region. Would strongly recommend taking a 3-4 hours boat tour with a guide. This added so much colour to the experience. Great tour package; Bat, crocodile cave, fish farm, eagle feeding.
Boat restaurant food price a little bit expensive and the food just so so. Beach a bit dirty with rubbish from open sea.
Crocodile Cave (resembles a half-submerged crocodile). Bat Cave with boardwalk
Mangrove Tours Langkawi from RM65 for 2 hours – Floating fish farm restaurants, monkey & eagle feeding, bat, crocodile caves, Dangli Island, etc.
- Island Hopping Shared Speedboat Tour – Dayang Bunting Island, Pulau Singa Besar, Pulau Beras Basah – RM35 (Klook)
- Dayang Bunting Island (Marble Geoforest Park) | Reviews (langkawi-insight/ TripAdvisor): On the boat ride there, you get to see many nice scenic views, including the Pregnant maiden lying down formed by series of mogotes hills. Need to buy ticket RM6 to enter, walk for 10 minutes to go to the beautiful fresh water Lake of Pregnant Maiden with pontoons for water activities and swimming. Take the boardwalk to the mangrove forest to see over 90 species of birds. Beware of monkeys! Can be overcrowded, I rather they did not commercialize it so it remains as natural as it is.
Water activities at the fresh water Lake of Pregnant Maiden. Series of mogotes hills formation that looks like a pregnant maiden lying on her back can be seen at the background. Photo: langkawi-insight.com
- Pulau Dangli – Reviews 2019-2021: Crystal clear water, can see many fish, Beautiful island to snorkel. There are many fish that can be fed around the island and nice corals. Beautiful boat.
- Pulau Payar Marine Park – Reviews 2019/20: Snorkeling activities, nothing much to see, beach is small and dirty, bad maintenance, toilets without water to shower or flush. This place needs major renovation. Ferries dump passengers onto overcrowded platform. Corals are mostly dead. The food is really bad.
Many tourists love the thrill of going full speed on the jet ski, however if you are uncomfortable/ first time rider, do let the tour guide know not to go too fast.
- Mega Water Sports | Pantai Cenang | Jet Ski, Banana boat, Parasailing by boat/ beach, wake board, Island Drop/ Hopping, kayak, tours | Book at MegWatersports: from RM450/ jet ski | Reviews 2021: Island hopping on jet ski is very fun and exciting. Great instructor. Tour guide takes pictures, cleans the beach of trash, who is funny, informative, patient. Prioritizes safety.
- Toro Watersports | Cenang Mall | jetski tour, kayaking, snorkeling, luxury/ sunset cruise, ATV beach ride, deep water soloing, Parasailing | Book at langkawiadventure.com (Toro): ATV/ Parasailing fr RM90. jet ski tour from RM450 | Reviews 2019-21: ATV ride is amazing with beautiful scenery. Kayak tour is so fun. Better price. Jet ski to beautiful islet, islands. Took pictures and upload to GoPro.
- Alyna Watersports | Pantai Cenang | Price (fb.com/alynawatersports) | Reviews: Friendly/ excellent service. Patient with children. Amazing experience touring lots of islands in Langkawi on jetski.
Entrances to the waterfalls are free but you may need to pay for the parking. Hike up some steps to enjoy the therapeutic water gushing down beautifully carved rocks and pitches, pools created by nature.
Add: 161, Jalan Datai | Reviews 2021: Temurun waterfall is one of the prettiest places in Langkawi. The waterfall is a lot bigger when you get there, definitely worth the journey. About 5-10mins hike up the stairs from the main road. Best to go if there’s a rain the day before. Toilet nearby the waterfall, not at the entrance.
Not so clean, visitors need to clean up their own trash. No rubbish bin along the picnic area. Poor maintainance, steps are partially broken.
Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls
Reviews: There is a collection of clusters of waterfalls with cascading pools at various levels. Have to take many steep steps up to the very beautiful peak. There’s a bridge for photo taking. Dont’ go during dry season because the waterfalls can dry up. Be careful of slippery rocks. Random kind people picking trash that visitors left behind. Monkeys are nuisance.
Makam Mahsuri (Mahsuri’s Tomb)
Add: Kampung Mawar, 07000 Langkawi
Ticket: Adult – RM12 | Child: RM6
Reviews 2021: Learn the history and the folklore of Mahsuri and why does it matter to the island. The old Malay houses are really interesting, you can feel how simple their life is. Now more tourist friendly compared to 10 years ago. Museum with artifacts, wax figures. There is also classic musical instruments performance, small businesses selling traditional dessert/ products, souvenirs and Malay restaurants, cafes.
The exhibition seemed a bit disorganized. Needs to be refurbished. Nothing much to see.