You have a flight transiting at Thailand’s Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Thailand? Here’s a complete guide for you.
You will be arriving on Level 2 which is the arrival floor.
More info: https://suvarnabhumi.airportthai.co.th/service/airport-guide/detail/74
1. For International to International flight transfer (Flights booked on one ticket)
Your luggage will be checked through to the final destination, eliminating the need for you to retrieve them during the transit.
Therefore, you can stay airside and do not have to go through immigration.
- After arrival, you will be able to see the signs. Head to the transfer desk of your airline.
At Transfer Desk, East, Concourse B, these are the airlines:
—– LH Lufthansa | LX SWISS | NG Lauda Air | OS Austrian Air | OZ Asiana Airlines | PG Bangkok Airways | SK SAS Scandinavian Airlines | SQ Singapore Airlines | TH British Citiexpr | UA United Airlines
Transfer Desk West 1, Concourse D G, the following airlines:
—— 8M Myanmar Airways 9W Jet Airways India ABAir Berlin, AY Finnair, BA British Airways, BI Royal Brunei, CA Air China, CX Cathay Pacific, CZ China Southern Airlines, DE Condor Flugdienst, DL Delta Air Lines, ET Ethiopian Air, EY Etihad Airways, GA Garuda Indonesian, HU Hainan Airlines, HY Uzbekistan Airways, IR Iran Air, JO JALways, KB Druk Air, KC Air Astana, KE Korean Air, MD MH MS MU NX PK PR QF QV RA RJ S7 SK SU T5 TG UN UO UU VN VV W5 ZH ZH
Transfer Desk West 2, Concourse E F. for these airlines:
—– AF Air France | BG Biman Bangladesh Airlines | BR EVA Air | CI China Airlines | EK Emirates | GF Gulf Air | HX Hong Kong Airlines | IT Kingfisher Airlines | JQ Jetstar | KL KLM | KQ Kenya Airways | KU Kuwait Airways | LY EL AL Israel Airlines | QR Qatar Airways | TK Turkish Airlines | UL SriLankan Airlines | WY Oman Air
- Make your way through the transfer security checkpoint
- Then, on the 3rd floor, complete your check-in at the international transfer counter
- heading to the boarding gate for your connecting flight. Departure is on level four.
2. International to International flight transfer (Flights booked on different tickets)
Immigration: 4-fingerprint and facial for adults and only facial recognition for children
- You are required to go through immigration, baggage collection, customs.
- Then proceed to departures on level 4.
- Check in your baggage with the onward flight’s airline.
- Go through the security check and immigration procedures again before heading to your boarding gate.
3.1 Domestic to International flight transfer
Passengers with international connections on participating carriers maybe able to check through baggage, receive their boarding pass and complete Customs, Immigration, Quarantine – C.I.Q.
- The Passport control and luggage security check can be done from the original flight, For example, the passengers from Phuket or Chiang Mai who are traveling internationally.
- The passengers will have the CIQ – Custom Immigration Quarantine sticker, which they will wear on their clothing.
- Upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport, these passengers will be segregated and granted direct boarding access.
3.2 International to a Domestic flight Transfer
If you book your flights on one ticket, participating or partner carriers
Follow the signs to Domestic Connecting Flight
- Your luggage will be checked through, eliminating the need for you to retrieve them.
- Go through Immigration at the Domestic Transfer Inspection Area
- Proceed to the boarding gate of your connecting flight.
If you book your flights on separate tickets
- Go through Immigration, baggage collection and Customs.
- Check in and board your domestic flight on the 4th floor: Departures.
- After Immigration, baggage collection and Customs
- Please proceed to the boarding gate counter of domestic flights on the 4th floor.
4. The benefits of booking all your flights under a single booking, ticket or PNR
You enjoy protection in case of any delays or cancellations. The airlines involved have an agreement to ensure your journey to the final destination on that ticket. If the initial flight experiences a delay or cancellation, leading to a missed connection, the airlines will reschedule you on the next available flight at no additional cost. Additionally, your luggage will be checked through to the final destination, excluding situations involving legal requirements like US Customs, eliminating the need for you to retrieve them during the transfer. While you might arrive later than planned, you won’t be required to make any additional payments to the airline.