There are no COVID-19 specific entry requirements regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status to enter Mexico.
Foreign nationals exempted from visa to travel to Mexico as non-lucrative visitors (tourism, business visitor, in transit, correspondent, studies, medical treatment) for a stay up to 180 days:
Argentina, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda (UK), Bolivia, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao (The Netherlands), Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Greece, Guadalupe (France), Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary Iceland, Irlanda, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lichenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Monaco, The Netherland Antilles, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, The Bahamas, The Netherlands, The United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands (USA), Uruguay, Finnish and Estonian ordinary passport holders (NO Alien’s passport )
- Have a valid passport with more than six months of validity
- Have documents to prove the purpose of your visit – Tourism: Hotel reservation, itinerary, and return tickets
- Fill the Multiple Migratory Form (FMM) also known as Tourist Card
NEW TRAVEL ADVISORY
If you are flying IN and OUT of the following airports:
- Cancun International Airport (CUN)
- Cozumel International Airport (CZM)
- Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
- Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR)
- Mexico City International Airport (MEX)
You NO longer need to fill out the Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) also known as Tourist Card.
There are a few exceptions:
- If you are flying to/from ANY OTHER airport in Mexico NOT listed above, then you may still need to fill out the Immigration Form “manually” when you arrive or depart from another airport in Mexico.
- If you are visiting from a country that requires a VISA, then you still need to fill out the form. Please be aware that for the airports listed ABOVE you will need to fill out the form “manually” upon your arrival to Mexico.
- If you are NOT a “visitor,” for example, a permanent resident in Mexico, then you still need to follow the normal arrival procedures as before.
If you are flying to ANY other airport NOT listed above, then please continue with the instructions below:
- The Tourist Card is PER PERSON so if there are 4 people traveling then EVERY PERSON needs a Tourist Card with their information.
- The Tourist Card is FREE for ALL PASSENGERS traveling “By Air” with a Major Commercial Airline.
- Your passport MUST be valid for 180 days to apply for a Tourist Card ONLINE otherwise you will need to fill out a form “manually” aboard the plane or when you arrive at an airport in Mexico.
- The flight information you need to enter (Airline Name and Flight Number) is your ARRIVAL FLIGHT to Mexico
- There may be issues with some EMAIL systems so please DOWNLOAD and PRINT your Tourist Card when given the option.
- After you DOWNLOAD the first Tourist Card you will have the option for a “New application”
- You can PRINT the Tourist Card in “BLACK & WHITE” or in “COLOR” just make sure it is not blurry or ineligible.
- You will get 2 PAGES and DO NOT cut or alter the forms in ANY WAY, leave them AS IS.
- It is possible, but it rarely happens, that some Immigration Officers or some Airports may not accept the Tourist Card if they find errors or if they deem it necessary that you fill out a “manual” form. It is up to the Immigration Officer to accept or reject your Electronic Tourist Card.
How to Apply Tourist Card to Mexico – Fill the Multiple Migratory Form (FMM)
Apply here: mexicotouristcard.com
- Expand “By Air” or “By Land”
- Check the “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions above.” box
- Select Means of entry, Point of entry
- Pick the Date of arrival in Mexico. You can apply for a Tourist Card within 30 days of your arrival to Mexico, date more than 30 days is not valid and cannot be selected.
- Select the Date of departure
- Fill in your Personal information. The information in the application MUST match the information in the PASSPORT.
- Click ‘Save’
- Verify that the information provided is correct. Press ‘Yes’
- Press ‘Send the information’
You will receive your Tourist Card by email