If you forget your MacBook M2 (macOS Monterey 12) login password, here’s what you can do to reset your password using your Apple ID login (If you have turned on the option to allow Apple ID to reset your login password).
- First Shut Down your computer. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down
- Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.
Press “Shut Down”
- Press on the Start button, hold on continuously until until “Loading startup options” appears.
- Click “Options”
- Then click “Continue” to go to MacOS Recovery
- Here you can click on the wifi logo on the top right corner to access the Wi-Fi option or connect to the internet
Then you can reset your password using your Apple ID. You need the internet to reset your password.