(Quarantine-free for Fully Vaccinated)
- Download and activate the MySejahtera application
- How to Update Vaccination record done overseas on MySejahtera
- Complete the Pre-departure form to get the Travellers Card – Not required now
For partially/ not fully vaccinated visitors:
- RT-PCR Test Two days before departure OR if infected within 60 days of departure, perform a RTK-Ag professional test.
- On Arrival: RTK-Ag Professional test at private facilities at the airport OR any health facility within 24 hours of arrival (List of Professional RTK-Ag Tests)
- 5 days quarantine for 18 years old and above
Insurance for Covid is not mandatory now, but it is recommended to get one: List of Insurance with Covid-19 Coverage
How to best Activate MySejahtera App (Many travellers have complained about registration/ activation issues in the past)
If you need a quarantine hotel
- You can book both the Premium and Standard Package through the hotel directly (phone or email) or at MySafeTravel.
- Please present your hotel booking upon arrival in Malaysia (a printed copy will be more handy).
- More on Covid19 Travel and Quarantine Procedures in Malaysia click here
If you are Covid-19 Positive: You can quarantine at Royale Chulan KL
Premium Packages (PP)
Perks are better meals, you may have options to select dishes from the menu and some added services.
*The rates may be different. Reviews are from TripAdvisor, Malaysia Quarantine Support Group MQSG on Facebook (Public), Google with pictures of room and food.
Kuala Lumpur (Premium)
- Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur 4 star hotel – Packages: from RM300 nett/ person/ day. Free for children under 6 years old and RM80 nett/ additional person/ day based on existing bedding. Reviews 2021: The room is clean, comfortable, amenities complete. Some rooms you get the great view of city, KL Tower or face back of building. Join Whatsapp group for communication with PIC. Overflowing good food (5 meals a day). Reliable wifi most of the time. Accommodating staff. Mattress, furniture kinda old. Limited TV channels.
- Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang – Quarantine Packages: from RM350 per night (single). RM450 per night (double). Complimentary for children 7 years and below. Complimentary 2-way transfer for 1 person | Review Jun 21: Side entrance was kind of odd and dirt. Facilities aren’t the newest but the room is very spacious and the amenities help so much. bathrooms and other furniture are clean. Food have Been good. The best thing, the view of KLCC is stunning. No one can enter the room, asked for a vacuum cleaner and they provided for half an hour. Booked premium package for 4 family members in one room.
- Swiss Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur | Jalan Pudu (Bukit Bintang) – Quarantine Packages: RM358 per day per person. FREE transport from KLIA to hotel, Professional PCR or RTK, meals. For not/ partially vaccinated or close contact | Many reviews 2021: Clean, Spacious room and bathroom. Food served on time 7am, 12pm, 6pm daily, choose from menu day before via Whatsapp. Good amount of fruits. Food no complain, not enough vege, sometimes tasteless. Rooms with balcony are available at higher rates. Hotel provide dish wash and sponge, reusable Cutlery, 24 bottles of water. Good wifi and service. Not satisfactory review Dec 21: The hotel transporter picked up 2 person from the airport instead of one. No one was there upon arriving at the hotel at 9pm. No dinner was prepared and no one at the front desk pick up the call.
- ibis Kuala Lumpur City Centre – Quarantine Packages: from RM1200 (Standard) or RM1450 (Premium) for 5 days. Free one-way airport transfer pick up. Free PCR test. Connecting Rooms available. Also provides room for Close Contact and Traveller for self quarantine if they don’t have a place for quarantine | Review May 21: Glad I chose this hotel! Great communication and services, clean comfy & modern room. Internet is great. Food is on time, so yummy but never warm, in big portions. Jan 22: Receptionist was not very helpful, did not pick up call from room. The good thing here was food.
- ibis Style Kuala Lumpur Fraser Business Park, Pudu | Quarantine Package: RM1299 for 5 days | Reviews: Everyday 2 litres of drinking water. Reception is helpful. Food is ok, spicy, some meals are delicious. Frontliners very polite and helpful. Room looks nice.
- AnCasa Hotel Kuala Lumpur – Reviews: Room is nice, clean, and comfy. View from my window is KL tower and KLCC which is very amazing at night. The foods are amazing and different menu everyday. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Internet can be slow sometimes. Quarantine package: from RM1250 for 5 days.
- Crystal Crown Hotel Kuala Lumpur | Reviews 2021: Food is delicious, big portions. Clean room, bathroom is old, stains, Rusty steel accessories and equipment. Main issue is wifi which is bad.
- Cosmo Hotel Kuala Lumpur | Quarantine Packages: from RM210 nett per night | TripAdvisor Reviews 2021: The room was small, wifi outstanding. The food was excellent, hot, no repeat. Service and communication top notch. Daily deliveries were allowed (before 5 pm). The bed, pillows and room were clean and very comfortable. Bathroom modern and nice.
- Holiday Inn Express Kuala Lumpur | Open as a quarantine hotel starting from 4th January 2022. HIE Quarantine Package: from RM1200 for 5 days inclusive of three meals and one way airport transfer and one PCR test.
- KIP Hotel Kuala Lumpur | If you book from MySafeTravel, the KIP Hotel Price is RM175 per night (not inclusive of test and airport transfer)
- Mercure Kuala Lumpur Shaw Parade | Mercure Quarantine Packages: from RM1,340 nett for 5 days
- Sama Sama Hotel KLIA 5 star hotel – Jul 2021 rate from RM 339 per day | Reviews: The room is new, spacious, nice design and clean with a big window (can’t open). The staff are super friendly and service is excellent. Good quality warm food. Fast internet. Fridge is locked. Wonderful staycation.
- Sunway Clio Hotel – Quarantine Packages: from RM335 nett/night/pax. Additional person is charged from RM180 nett per room/per night. Fitness equipment and coffee machine available for rent | Reviews Jul 21: Rooms are very clean and the food is delicious | Menu
- Dorsett Grand Subang | Quarantine Packages: from RM1570 for 4 nights (Inclusive of 3 meals per day – breakfast, lunch and dinner + 1 afternoon snack, airport transfer, meet & greet services in the airport) + PCR | TripAdvisor Feb 21: The room was with balcony facing the lake and its surrounding greenery. The balcony was big enough for exercise and walk round. The room is old but well upkept and clean. Good service and food. Review Dec 21: There was no coordinator to meet us when we arrived. Reception not answering phone. Unrenovated old wing of hotel is used for quarantine, saggy mattress. Food is edible.
- Hilton Garden Inn Puchong | Website | MySafeTravel Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Price is RM222.70 per night | 2021/22 Reviews: Meals are good. Spacious and clean room with lots of natural sunlight. Window cannot be opened. Good internet. The cable tv had a mix of news, sports, movie, English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese channels.
- The Crystal Crown Hotel PJ – Package: from Premium: RM320 or Standard: RM280 per night | Review Jul 21: Window can be opened. Clean, comfortable bedding. Wifi has been mostly great. Lots of fruits. Can switch out menu options a day in advance. Reasonable price. Don’t expect luxury. Wall paint peeling.
- Oriental Crystal Hotel, Kajang | Quarantine Package: RM251 per night
- Summit Hotel Subang USJ | Reviews: Big room, smells like old furniture. Stains on curtain. Wifi is weak, the hotel can arrange to buy SIM card for you. Air-cond cannot be turned off manually and can be rather cold. Good food/ variety.
- PEGASUS Hotel Shah Alam | Reviews 2021: Room design/ color is outdated. Bathroom, floor not clean. Food delivered always late in small portions. The wifi is SLOW. Staff not responsive.
- Kelana Resort Seremban | Website | +606 766 7888/ +6012 709 7888/ +6012 661 8961 | PCR test: RM170nett. Transport not provided. Room from RM200nett per night.
Standard Packages (SP) Reviews
For Standard Hotel option, you can now book directly through the hotel or on myeg MySafeTravel (watch the video below – Details and document required, Luxury Hotel and Standard Package Hotels, Primary and Dependent Guest, Private Transportation or Shuttle Bus Cost Layout). Some Premium Hotels also provide the Standard Packages.
- Hilton Garden Inn Puchong – Review Jul 21: It’s gorgeous and has a lovely view. I couldn’t have chosen better for myself. I got to my hotel in 2.5 hours after arrival, including a rather long bus ride. Everything is perfect here and very comfortable. International class hotel. Universal power sockets. Responsive and super nice service. Yummy food.
- The Crystal Crown Hotel PJ – Review on Jul 21: Room is spacious. Nice variety of food, you can ‘upgrade’ your meal for RM 5 or RM 10. fruits only 2x per week. No dessert. Home/package delivery twice a week. Wifi is bad. Hotel provides bottled water, coffee, tea, sugar.
- Sunway Clio | Hotel and food pics Jun 21
- Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang – Review: Super spacious room with one bedroom and separate living room. Desserts for dinner. Food was good on second week. wifi good. 48 bottles water. Towels and bedsheets can be replaced every 2-3 days.
- Marriott Putrajaya – Review Mar 21: Standard package and nice stay at Marriott Putrajaya, Excellent hotel with very comfortable stay and delicious food.
- Summit Hotel Subang USJ – Good Review May 21: The room is quite spacious. They provide bottled water, coffee and tea. Also, there is toiletteries, dish washer liquid and detergent. Fast service. The menu variation not bad. Bad wifi connection. Bad Review Jan 21: Bad food in small portion, Water yellowish, room smells, bed bugs. Requested for upgrade to PP after first day to Hilton PJ which was a blessing.
- Oriental Crystal Hotel, Kajang – Review May 21: Amazing hotel. The staff met our every needs and answered each question nicely. The food was also superb. It was a variety of noodles, rice and also some days rojak buah. Hotel is clean, wifi was up to par.
- PEGASUS Hotel Shah Alam
- Ancasa Hotel and Spa Kuala Lumpur | KLCC
- Sama Sama Hotel KLIA – Quarantine Review: I was one of the last to get in the line for hotels so was assigned Sama-sama hotel with everyone remaining from my flight. The room is super big for a single person and check in was extremely smooth. Everything was explained very clearly and food is pretty much always on time.
Make your booking directly through the hotel.
- Bahang Bay Hotel Penang | fb.com/BahangBayPenang | Whatsapp: 60164255083 | Tanjung Bungah | Reviews 2021: Nice, clean, spacious, modern, comfortable hotel next to beach, great ocean view. Relaxing, sound of bird chirping. Some rooms have balcony. Very satisfied with their excellent service, good variety of food. Amenities are new. Friendly staff.
- Vouk Hotel Suites Penang | George Town | voukhotelsuites.com.my | Nov 21: Room is spacious and cozy, partial seaview. Food is hit and miss; lunch Asian and dinner Western meals. Enjoyed minibar coffee the most. Special food preparation for babies. Helpful staff. Bad sound proofing at connecting rooms.
Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang – All rooms have balconies
- Ramada Meridin Johor Bahru | Sep 20: Very nice and comfortable hotel room. No complaints about the food. They cater special food for the kids. Friendly staff.
- Somerset Puteri Harbour
- JEN Puteri Harbour
- Hotel Grand Paragon
- Hotel Mutiara
- Somerset Medini Puteri Iskandar | Reviews Nov 20: Spacious apartment-like room, many appliances, cutlery, microwave to use. 5 star for customer service and hotel room condition. 3 star for food.
- Hotel Milliseme
- KSL Hot Spring Resort | Johor Bahru | Nov 20: Carpets are peeling and dusty. Major refurbishment needed. Room wise is acceptable. Toilets floor when check in sticky. The standard is bad for a quarantine Center.
- Amansari Nusajaya
- New York Hotel
- Berjaya Waterfront
- Good Hope Hotel | Johor Bahru | Jan 21: Room is actually quite clean and looks like it was recently renovated. No carpet. Food is decent.
- Crystal Crown
- Trove Hotel Johor Bahru | Reviews May 21: Great service. Chef is really passionate in cooking delicious meals and creative desserts. Wifi a bit slow. Alkaline water dispenser provided, no bottled water.
- Institut Latihan KKM (ILKKM)
- Fraser’s Place
Removed From Quarantine Hotel List
- Hilton Petaling Jaya | Website | Review Jun 21: PJ Hilton team is amazing. Enjoyed the meals. Highly recommended. Excellent internet speed. 48 bottled water for two weeks. Loads of greens and fruits. Accommodating chefs. Booked by email the hotel directly: Reservation.Petaling-Jaya@hilton.com | Jun 21: Spacious and clean room, but aged building.
- Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur | Bukit Bintang | Quarantine Packages: from RM388 nett per day for max of 2 pax. Review May 21: Got 24 bottles of 500ml water, to buy more: RM30 for 24 bottles. The room was spacious, although slightly dusty, but liveable. Internet speed very good. The meals hit and miss. Incredibly generous portions. Limited room service menu to order.
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur – Not the best modern looking, furniture is a little dated. Review Jan 21: Sincerely recommend the Premium Pack (295 RM/night). The food is EXCELLENT and GENEROUS, the room is spacious and pleasant, the Wi-Fi is high quality (5 to 10MBps download), the service of the hotel is responsive and attentive!
- Impiana KLCC – Quarantine Packages: from RM350 nett per night. 3 meals menu of your choice. RM110 net per additional pax. Fitness equipment, coffee machine, heating appliance are available with extra charges. Food served in bento box instead of plastic containers. | Reviews May 21: Comfortable room with bathtub. Generous and wide variety food. Impressed by their nasi lemak, nasi briyani kambing and char kuay teow. Very generous with their prawns. Long waiting time to check in. Connecting door that was not soundproof. Cleaning tools provided upon request.
- Mövenpick Hotel and Convention Centre KLIA | Contact | Package: RM348 per night (Single or Twin sharing)
- Marriott Putrajaya | Website | Packages: RM340 nett/ room/ night. RM100 nett for additional person. TripAdvisor Nov 20: Very big rooms, great view over greenery and a balcony – good when you are quarantined! Not all rooms have balconies, but you can request. Rotation of western/chinese/indian/malay /japanese and always a great dessert for dinner. Hotel is a bit dated from a design perspective but rooms are comfortable.
What to Bring
- Personal/ food delivery item is allowed for most hotels – *hotel terms & conditions apply. The items will be sent to the PUS usually after 6pm owing to the requisite SOP.
- In general, the hotels provide bottled water, 3 meals a day, internet, kettle, fridge, small cups, plates, coffee, tea, sugar. Some do supply snack, detergent, etc. Clarify with the hotel first.
- Bring your own cutlery, plastic cutlery is no fun. You might also want to pack these in your bag: hangers and detergent for laundry, dish wash, small knife for cutting fruits delivered, extra bowls/ plates, wet wipes, headphones for work, media streaming device, snacks, beverage, books & toys (for kids).
Malaysia Quarantine Support Group MQSG on Facebook