Travellers may choose a government-designated standard hotel (RM150 per day) for quarantine, or opt for a premium hotel.
- Book through the hotel directly (phone or email) or at safetravel.myeg.com.my (charges may be higher).
- Please present your hotel booking upon arrival in Malaysia.
- More on Covid19 Travel and Quarantine Procedures in Malaysia click here
What to Bring
- Delivery item by families/ friends/ delivery personnel (for example food delivery) is allowed for some hotels – *hotel terms & conditions apply: delivery time, number of package and item restriction.
- The hotels usually provide bottled water, 3 meals a day, internet, kettle, fridge, small cups, plates, coffee, tea, sugar, some also provide snack, detergent, etc. Confirm with the hotel first (for PP) so that you know what to bring.
- Bring your own cutlery, plastic cutlery is no fun. You might also want to bring hangers and detergent for laundry, dish wash, small knife for cutting fruits delivered, extra bowls/ plates, wet wipes, sweeper, headphones for work, media streaming, casting device, snacks, beverage, books & toys (for kids).
Premium Packages (PP)
Photo: 5-star Grand Millennium KL
Book through the hotel directly online or via email or phone. Meals are better compared to the SP and you may have options to choose the dishes from the menu.
*You may get different rates. Reviews are from TripAdvisor and Malaysia Quarantine Support Group MQSG on Facebook (Public) with pictures of room and food.
- Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur | Bukit Bintang | Quarantine Packages: from RM388 nett per day for max of 2 pax. Review May 21: Got 24 bottles of 500ml water, to buy more: RM30 for 24 bottles. The room was spacious, although slightly dusty, but liveable. Internet speed very good. The meals hit and miss. Incredibly generous portions. Limited room service menu to order.
- Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur – Not the best modern looking, furniture is a little dated. Review Jan 21: Sincerely recommend the Premium Pack (295 RM/night). The food is EXCELLENT and GENEROUS, the room is spacious and pleasant, the Wi-Fi is high quality (5 to 10MBps download), the service of the hotel is responsive and attentive!
- Impiana KLCC – Quarantine Packages: from RM350 nett per night. 3 meals menu of your choice. RM110 net per additional pax. Fitness equipment, coffee machine, heating appliance are available with extra charges. Food served in bento box instead of plastic containers. | Reviews May 21: Comfortable room with bathtub. Generous and wide variety food. Impressed by their nasi lemak, nasi briyani kambing and char kuay teow. Very generous with their prawns. Long waiting time to check in. Connecting door that was not soundproof. Cleaning tools provided upon request.
- Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur – Packages: from RM300 nett/ person/ day. Free for children under 6 years old and RM80 nett/ additional person/ day based on existing bedding.
- Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang – Quarantine Packages: from RM350 per night (single). RM450 per night (double). Complimentary for children 7 years and below. Complimentary 2-way transfer for 1 person | Review Jun 21: Side entrance was kind of odd and dirt. Facilities aren’t the newest but the room is very spacious and the amenities help so much. bathrooms and other furniture are clean. Food have Been good. The best thing, the view of KLCC is stunning. No one can enter the room, asked for a vacuum cleaner and they provided for half an hour. Booked premium package for 4 family members in one room.
- Swiss Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur | Jln Pudu (Bukit Bintang) – Quarantine Packages: from RM328 nett/day/pax | Many reviews 2021: Clean, Spacious room and bathroom. Food served on time 7am, 12pm, 6pm daily, choose from menu day before via Whatsapp. Good amount of fruits. Food no complain, not enough vege. Rooms with balcony are available at higher rates. Hotel provide dish wash and sponge, reusable Cutlery, 24 bottles of water. Good wifi and service.
Photo: Swiss Garden Hotel KL Quarantine Packages on Facebook
- ibis Kuala Lumpur City Centre – Quarantine Packages: from RM250 nett/day/pax. RM355 nett (2 pax). Free one-way airport transfer pick up. Complimentary welcome snack. Connecting Rooms available. Review May 21: Glad I chose this hotel! Great communication and services, clean comfy & modern room. Ample space in the room. Internet is great. Food is on time, so yummy but never warm, in big portions.
- Sama Sama Hotel KLIA – Jul 2021 rate from RM 339 per day | Reviews: The room is new, spacious, nice design and clean with a big window (can’t open). The staff are super friendly and service is excellent. Good quality warm food. Fast internet. Fridge is locked.
- Mövenpick Hotel and Convention Centre KLIA | Contact | Package: RM348 per night (Single or Twin sharing)
- Marriott Putrajaya | Website | Packages: RM340 nett/ room/ night. RM100 nett for additional person. TripAdvisor Nov 20: Very big rooms, great view over greenery and a balcony – good when you are quarantined! Not all rooms have balconies, but you can request. Rotation of western/chinese/indian/malay /japanese and always a great dessert for dinner. Hotel is a bit dated from a design perspective but rooms are comfortable.
- Sunway Clio Hotel – Quarantine Packages: from RM330 nett/night/pax. Additional person is charged at RM150 nett per room/per night. Fitness equipment and coffee machine available for rent | Reviews Jul 21: Rooms are very clean and the food is delicious | Menu
- Dorsett Grand Subang | Quarantine Packages + Menu: from RM346 nett per day. Additional person at RM137.50 per day (Inclusive of 3 meals per day – breakfast, lunch and dinner + 1 afternoon snack, airport transfer, meet & greet services in the airport) | Review Jul 21: Couldn’t be more happy with my choice. Excellent internet & service. Spacious room n decent meals. TripAdvisor Jan 21: The room was with balcony facing the lake and its surrounding greenery. The balcony was big enough for exercise and walk round. The room is old but well upkept and clean. Good service and food.
- Hilton Petaling Jaya | Website | Review Jun 21: PJ Hilton team is amazing. Enjoyed the meals. Highly recommended. Excellent internet speed. 48 bottled water for two weeks. Loads of greens and fruits. Accommodating chefs. Booked by email the hotel directly: Reservation.Petaling-Jaya@hilton.com | Jun 21: Spacious and clean room, but aged building.
- Hilton Garden Inn Puchong | Website | Review Jan 21: Internet is good. Meal served cold sometimes. Stained towel. Spacious room, bright during the day.
- The Crystal Crown Hotel PJ – Quarantine Packages: from RM190 nett per day. RM90 for additioal pax. Welcome fruit basket. Complimentary afternoon tea with snacks. Review Jul 21: Window can be opened. Clean, comfortable bedding. Wifi has been mostly great. Lots of fruits. Can switch out menu options a day in advance. Reasonable price. Don’t expect luxury. Wall paint peeling.
Standard Packages (SP)
For Standard Hotel option, you are unable to choose and the hotel will be allocated randomly. You might be able to upgrade your food for extra charges. Some Premium Hotels also provide the Standard Packages. If you get a great hotel, you’re in luck. Standard Package (examples) at RM150 per day:
- Hilton Garden Inn Puchong – Review Jul 21: It’s gorgeous and has a lovely view. I couldn’t have chosen better for myself. I got to my hotel in 2.5 hours after arrival, including a rather long bus ride. Everything is perfect here and very comfortable. International class hotel. Universal power sockets. Responsive and super nice service. Yummy food.
- Sama Sama Hotel KLIA – Quarantine Review: I was one of the last to get in the line for hotels so was assigned Sama-sama hotel with everyone remaining from my flight. The room is super big for a single person and check in was extremely smooth. Everything was explained very clearly and food is pretty much always on time.
- The Crystal Crown Hotel PJ – Review on Jul 21: Room is spacious. Nice variety of food, you can ‘upgrade’ your meal for RM 5 or RM 10. fruits only 2x per week. No dessert. Home/package delivery twice a week. Wifi is bad. Hotel provides bottled water, coffee, tea, sugar.
- Sunway Clio | Hotel and food pics Jun 21
- Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang – Review: Super spacious room with one bedroom and separate living room. Desserts for dinner. Food was good on second week. wifi good. 48 bottles water. Towels and bedsheets can be replaced every 2-3 days.
- Marriott Putrajaya – Review Mar 21: Standard package and nice stay at Marriott Putrajaya, Excellent hotel with very comfortable stay and delicious food.
- Summit Hotel Subang USJ (SP only) – Good Review May 21: The room is quite spacious. They provide bottled water, coffee and tea. Also, there is toiletteries, dish washer liquid and detergent. Fast service. The menu variation not bad. Bad wifi connection. Bad Review Jan 21: Bad food in small portion, Water yellowish, room smells, bed bugs. Requested for upgrade to PP after first day to Hilton PJ which was a blessing.
- Oriental Crystal Hotel, Kajang (SP only) – Review May 21: Amazing hotel. The staff met our every needs and answered each question nicely. The food was also superb. It was a variety of noodles, rice and also some days rojak buah. Hotel is clean, wifi was up to par.
- PEGASUS Hotel Shah Alam (SP only)
- Ancasa Hotel and Spa Kuala Lumpur | KLCC (SP only)
There are no Premium hotel packages in Penang. Standard package:
- Bahang Bay Hotel Penang (Quarantine Reviews)
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang – All rooms have balconies
Malaysia Quarantine Support Group MQSG on Facebook