Batu Ferringhi & Beach Resorts/ Apartments
Attractions: Entopia (Ticket RM39 after discount), Tropical Spice Garden (Ticket RM15), Ferringhi Night Market, BoraBora @ Ferringhi – beach cafe and bar
- Hard Rock Hotel Penang | Ferringhi | fr ~RM315 | Opened 2009. Refurbished in 2016 | hardrockhotels.com/penang | Reviews: Funky, thematic hotel, spectacular view. Very popular, too crowded during holidays. Music, and intricacies of the details, unique experience. Great facilities, pool (3 slides), direct access to beach, perfect for families. Excellent hospitality. Clean, comfortable room. Lagoon Deluxe room – Deck that allows you to dive into the swimming pool. 2km to Tropical Spice Garden.
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa | Ferringhi | ~RM502-RM1,951 | Renovated 2015 | Book & Reviews: Clean and well maintained private beach with bar/ restaurant. Facilities are top notch. Beautiful and luxurious hotel. Clean, very big room. Attentive staff. Amazing afternoon tea at the lounge. Worth the expensive rate.
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Penang | Ferringhi | Eco-certified | RM239-RM1,065 | Opened in 2018 | Free shuttle to Georgetown | Info & Reviews: Cross the road/ overhead bridge to the beach, no direct access. Clean and nice room but some with cracked wall and leaking issue, moldy smell. RM3 parking per day. Strict restriction on the number of people in pool. Lovely sunset from the room balcony. Slow check-in during peak dates.
- Angsana Teluk Bahang | Teluk Bahang | angsana.com | Opened 2020 | Reviews: Every room has sea views to die for, modern interior, fancy landscaping, well-trained team. Two-bedroom Pool Suite has a small private pool. Spacious, new, room with quality mattress, luxurious bathroom & amenities. Easy access to beach (shared with public). Ample parking. 2km to Entopia. Located further away from town. Slow check-in.
- Lexis Suites Penang | Teluk Kumbar (Bayan Lepas) | lexissuitespenang.com | Opened 2016 | RM406-RM828 | Reviews: Room with a little private pool. Spectacular sea view. Great for family. Amazing hospitality but slow check-in & room service. Pretty run down for 5-star hotel. Bathroom with glass wall, no privacy. Dust in room and corridor.
- Shangri-La Golden Sands | Ferringhi | RM293-RM1,025 | Opened 1980. Refurbished 2009/10 | Reviews: Great place to go with kids. Love the pool, water splash zone and whirlpool. Connected to beach where watersports are available. Great facilities and hospitality, excellent wait staff. Check-in takes too long, overcrowded. Hotel is dated and rooms are not very clean.
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort | Ferringhi | panpacific.com | ~RM327-RM917 | Refurbished in 2018 | Great gym and 2 pools, great for family. Friendly staff managing the crowd. Love the pillows in the clean, large and comfortable room. Only Seaview room has bathtub. Excellent breakfast/ F&B. Direct access to beach. The night market is just right outside the resort. Limited parking.
- Hompton By The Beach | Tanjung Tokong | 4-star | RM249-RM745 | Book & Reviews: Clean room with breathtaking view, friendly staff, direct access to private beach. Limited and narrow parking space. Using the lift takes a long time due to SOP of 4 pax per lift. Some are violating the rule. Mamak stall right outside the hotel. Tesco is 5 min drive.
- Hotel Mercure Penang Beach | Tanjung Bungah | all.accor.com | 4-star | fr RM266-RM454 (28sqm) | Opened 1993. Refurbished 2018 | Relaxing stay, comfy new, clean room with nice sea view. Private beach and lovely swimming pool. Accommodating, friendly. Limited free parking or at premium rate or at Tanjung Point at RM3 per entry. Bad sound-proofing. Slow check-in.
- Flamingo Hotel | Tanjung Bungah | RM147-RM2,098 | Renovated in 2014 | Fantastic pool, beach access with great hospitality. Room with balcony, great view but not cleaned properly and feels old. Breakfast lacks variety. Guests not following SOP and social distancing, overcrowded.
- Bayview Beach Resort | Ferringhi | Website | RM235-RM844 | Refurbished 2014 | Love the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness. Room is old but well-maintained. Connecting rooms available. Easy access to beach. Great and big pool. Kids love the slide, like a mini water park. Free large parking facility is provided but will be full during season.
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort | Tanjung Bungah | RM142-RM210 | Opened 1995. Renovated 2007 | Price is very reasonable. Room is big with balcony & lovely sea view but smells of mold, kinda old school style. Beach access. Equipment is rusty.
- Lone Pine Hotel | Ferringhi | 3-star | fr RM352 (45sqm) | Website | Established 1948. Renovated 2010 | View from balcony is too captivating and therapeutic. This boutique hotel is old but well kept with colonial charm. Big room with nice design. Not all rooms have bathtub. Picnic and candlelight dinner by the beach is romantic. Perfect for couples, not so for families. Professional customer service. Complimentary lunch and room upgrade for late check-in. Part of the hotel is undergoing renovation in 2021, some facilities, gym, restaurant are closed and quite dusty in certain areas.
- Lost Paradise Resort | Ferringhi | 3-star | fr RM200 | Opened 2013 | Resort with Balinese vibe. Colorful, art pieces, wooden and marble handiwork. infinity pool lined with black volcanic rock. Very instagrammable. Small private beach. Staff were delightful and eager to help. Limited parking.
- Hotel Sentral Seaview | Tanjong Tokong | Website | 3-star | RM112-RM350 | Opened in 2014 | Reviews: Rooms and bathroom are not clean. Nice sea view. Beach is a few steps away. Kids love the beach and pool. Limited parking. Service is slow.
- Leisure Cove Hotel & Apartments | Jalan Wee Hein Tze (Tanjung Bungah) | 3-star | fr RM81 | Opened: 1995. Renovated: 2016 | Nice view from the room facing the sea and rooftop swimming pool. Basic kitchenette. Faulty equipment, air-cond not functioning well. Old furniture, cleanliness can be improved.
- By The Sea Penang | Ferringhi | Homestay apartment (6 pax) | fr RM559 | Direct access to public beach. Nice infinity pool overlooking the beach. Nice, clean and well maintained property. Washing machine, dryer, kitchen with kitchenette. Near night market. Very strict rules. In-house parking.
- Tanjung Point Residences | Jln Tanjung Tokong (Tanjung Bungah) | tanjungpoint.com | Beachside Apartment | fr RM283 (Studio 27sqm) | Opened 2018 | Perfect sea and city view. Cozy, clean and spacious. There’s a kitchen with kitchenette at 2 bedroom apartment. Sitting area and Infinity pool with seaview is really nice but have to queue to use due to Covid SOP. Beach is a few steps away from lobby. Below average customer service.
- Vangohh Eminent | Taman Machang Bubok | 5-star | RM201-RM998 | Opened 2017 | Lovely room decor, there are 6 themes. Live band in the bar restaurant. Hotel located at a remote area.
- The Light Hotel | Lebuh Tenggiri 2 (Seberang Jaya) | Website | 5-star | fr RM198-RM350 | Opened 2015 | Kids love the well maintained pool. Extremely clean room. Very professional and attentive service. Breakfast with good variety. Parking with cashless payment (tng) and can validate at reception to enjoy free parking. Limited indoor but plenty of outdoor car park.