*QUESTIONS and COMMENTS, kindly post them here*
The Langkawi International Travel Bubble (LITB) is for fully vaccinated tourists from other countries to holiday in Langkawi, quarantine-free. It is an alternative for entry into Malaysia for those who have their MyTravelPass application rejected or might have problems getting it approved.
1. Covid-19 Tests Required
2. Langkawi Travel Bubble SOP
3. Tour Agencies and Packages
4. List of Covid-19 & Travel Insurance Options
New Langkawi Travel Bubble SOPs. A couple of adjustments made, restrictions reduced (Source – MOTAC)
The previous SOPs
[ List of Approved RTK-Antigen Self Test Kits ]
Travellers have to perform the RT-PCR or Rapid Molecular Test (RMT):
- 2 calendar days (test taken on Monday will be valid till Wednesday 11.59pm) before departure (exempted for children 2 years of age and below – Source: malaysiaairlines)
- Upon arrival at KLIA 1 – book at airport.doctor2u.my for fast turnaround time. For non-Malaysian – Quick (1.5 hours): RM470 | Regular (3 hours): RM350
- Upon arrival at Langkawi International Airport (LIA) and will be allowed to stay in the hotel while waiting for test result – latest by day 2. You can skip the test at LIA if it’s already done at KLIA. It is recommended to take the fast Covid-19 test as you have to stay in isolation (quarantine) before a negative result is obtained.
- Within 2 days before leaving Malaysia
(*Professional Covid-19 Screening Providers in Langkawi)
1. Participate in the Langkawi International Travel Bubble (LITB)
- Professional RTK-Antigen test on day-3 and day-5 after arrival.
- RTK-Antigen self-test on day-2, 4 and 6 (must report on MySejahtera)
- Digital Surveillance Order on MySejahtera (without quarantine).
- Another RT-PCR test on day-7 if the traveller wishes to continue to stay in Langkawi or travel to another location in Malaysia.
- Fully vaccinated tourists with booster may leave Langkawi Island on Day 5 if the RT-PCR test on Day 4 is negative OR RTK-Ag (Professional) test on Day 5 is negative
2. Visit places outside of Langkawi
- Tourists are allowed to travel to other destinations within Malaysia after 5/ 7 days of stay in Langkawi via the travel bubble.
- Destinations except areas declared as under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO)/PKPD are allowed.
- You can choose free independent travel or tour package, either one is fine.
Langkawi International Travel Bubble SOPs
- Install and register MySejahtera Health Tracking and Tracing App.
- Visitors must be fully vaccinated after 14 days of second – dose injection or after 28 days of single -dose injection (depending on the type of vaccine).
The vaccines approved* by the MOH are as follow:
1. Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech);
2. COVID-19 AstraZeneca (Oxford-AstraZeneca);
3. CoronaVac (Sinovac);
4. Convidecia (CanSino);
5. COVID-19 Janssen (Johnson&Johnson);
6. Covilo (Sinopham);
7. Spikevax (Moderna);
8. Sputnik (Gam–COVID–Vac);
9. Covaxin (Bharat) –> NEW
Note*-list updated as of 22 Nov 2021 (Motac LITB SOP- page 26)
- Children under the age of 18 can travel with their vaccinated parents / guardians.
- Minimum 3 days stay in Langkawi
- Movement to Langkawi Island must use air transport only to
- KLIA 1 (not KLIA 2) + domestic flight to Langkawi (Transit time period should be at least 5 hours before the next connecting domestic flight to Langkawi) or
- Direct to Langkawi International Airport (LIA) (with technical stop in Penang).
- Every tourist must use a tour operator in Malaysia who is registered and licensed with MOTAC or through a foreign representative who uses the services of a Malaysian tour operator who is registered and licensed with MOTAC.
MOTAC Registered Travel Agency List motac.gov.my
- Printed proof of Travel package must include:
- The particulars of tour operator / travel agent registered and licensed under
MOTAC (including license number)
- Round trip flight tickets
- Booking / payment of compulsory COVID-19 screening tests
- Tour guide (Tour Guide -TG)
- Itinerary / tour package (need to go through tour operator)
- Have to purchase an insurance policy worth USD50,000 (about RM210K) for COVID-19 & travel for the duration of their stay in Malaysia.
- Free Independent Traveler (FIT) travel is NOT allowed.
*If found to be symptomatic or positive, the responsible tour operator must report to the MOH / private screening facility that has been appointed to manage tourists to private isolation / quarantine locations (for categories 1 & 2) or private hospitals (for categories 3,4 & 5 ) that has been identified.
Langkawi is one of the most frequented tourist destinations in Malaysia because it offers not only the most desired golden sand, sun and sea, it is also home to UNESCO Geoparks with amazing limestone forests and ecosystems, as well as world-class curve suspension bridge on top of the highest peak in Langkawi.
High Risk Countries
The travel ban on the South African countries has ended and those countries are now added to the existing list of “High-risk countries in light of Omicron”. Travellers from this group CAN participate in the Langkawi Travel Bubble. A visitor travelled from Australia participated in the LITB in Jan 2022 (Source).
High Risk Group in Light of Omicron: Australia, USA, UK, Norway, France, Denmark, Canada, India, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Malawi
Source: KKM (28 Dec 2021) – High-Risk Countries in Light of Omicron
High Risk Group: Russian Federation, Poland, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Guernsey, Saint Kits and Nevis, Libya, Philippines
CAN also participate in the Langkawi Travel Bubble.
Langkawi Travel Bubble Tour Agencies and Packages
*Some hotels would deny you checking-in if your MySejahtera app’s status is “PUS” and not updated to “Low Risk” with a Negative arrival test result. Confirm with the agent/ hotel first. Check MOTAC registered Travel Agencies
- Asian Overland | MOTAC validity till: 31/12/23 – verified | Whatsapp: +6016 661 9001 | +6016 2323 661 | Asian Overland Packages: from RM890 per pax (for twin sharing room) for 8 days/ 7 nights at Bayview Hotel Langkawi. Min 2 persons. Includes one half-day tour, airport return transfer, breakfast. Not included: Travel insurance & PCR Tests. Other options available at different rates | Reviews Dec 21: Ardavan was beyond helpful and responsive. They provided the tour itinerary and tour company licensing details.
- On Tour Malaysia | Leisure Commerce Square (PJ) | Capricorn Travel Service MOTAC-verified | OnTourMalaysia Package: from RM1180 | Whatsapp: +6012-367 9785 (Angie) | Reviews: Travel to Malaysia via Langkawi Travel Bubble package. Package price is good and cheap compare to other travel agency. I have asked for several quotation before I engaged On Tour Malaysia. Angie is very responsive and always reply my questions on time, update me on the new SOPS.
- Lintas Travel | MOTAC -verified | Packages: from RM2,170 for 2 pax – accommodation + breakfast for 6 nights, tour guide and daily tour, 2 PCR tests | Whatsapp: +6012-336 4533 | Review Feb 21: SUPER responsive and helpful. Highly recommended. Travel agent was there on the flight tarmac waiting for us when we arrived. Westin hotel denied us check in despite the SOP says travellers have to wait for test results at declared accommodation (hotel) for self-isolation. Thankfully we chose the express version. The hotel still didn’t check us in with email copy of result as the app is not updated yet. Finally KKM called hotel directly to resolve the issue. Check-in process took 3 hours. Reviews Dec 21: Booked my LITB with Sarah through Lintas. Efficient, very accommodating, quick response, Smooth, from the moment I asked about quotations to departure.
- Al Farezqi Travel & Tours Sdn. Bhd | MOTAC-verified | Jan 22 Al Farezqi Package: 8 days 7 nights Package for couple Price from RM2090 (Langkapuri Inn Chenang). This guy Amir I booked my LTB package with him! Very reliable and honest guy! Nov 21: My travel agent is Al Farezqi Tours (Ameer +60 17-505 7946), I liaised with Ameer who is an absolute delight. My package costed me RM 3000+ excluding PCR, including hotels, tours and airport transfer. I am staying in Berjaya Resort.
- NZ World Travel World Tours & Travels | MOTAC – verified | NZ Package: from RM1580 per pax (twin sharing) at Bayview Hotel
- Mayflower | MOTAC verified | Mayflower Packages: from RM5,157 for 2 pax – accommodation for 7 nights, breakfast, return airport transfer, tests & transport, insurance. Excludes: airfare, tours, self test kits.
- MOTAC: SOP reopening international tourism sector for langkawi island pilot project | SOP Gelombang Langkawi Versi Bahasa Melayu | Updated on 16th Feb 2022
- Vaccines approved by MOH for travellers – p25
- Insurance Policy – p4
- kln.gov.my: STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP) FOR ENTRY OF TOURIST UNDER LANGKAWI INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL BUBBLE (LITB)