You may be required to perform a Covid-19 test if you travel, have been in contact with infected individuals, have symptoms, or requested by Health Ministry/ CPRC team to do the test.
Where to Buy / How to Choose: List of MDA MOH Approved RTK-Ag (Antigen Rapid Self Test Kits)
From 1st August 2022, all travellers are allowed to enter Malaysia regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status and do not require a pre-departure or on-arrival COVID-19 test. There are no quarantine orders related to COVID-19 enforced by the Malaysian Government upon arrival.
RTK-Ag (Rapid Test Kit- Antigen) is also known as ART (Antigen Rapid Test).
Covid-19 Tests at Malaysian Airports
KLIA Operation Hours
- Gate G1, Level 4 : 24 Hours
- Contact Pier (CP21), Level 4 : 24 Hours
- Satellite Area (East Wing) : 24 Hours
- Departure Hall Level 5 : 24 Hours
KLIA2 Operation Hours
More info: BP Health Screening Centre KLIA 2
- Sector 6 Arrival (Concourse P&Q Arrival), Level 2 : 24 Hours
- Gate L2, Level 2 : 24 Hours
- Departure Hall Level 3 (CZ) : 24 Hours
Upon disembarking, passengers who have opted to use the Health Screening Centre Service at KLIA and KLIA2 will be ushered to the testing facility where the passengers can wait comfortably at lounges. Payment method for the private testing
- For walk-in: Credit card, cash
- Pre-book online transfer or e-payment through airport.doctor2u.my or Doctor2U Mobile App by BP Clinical Lab.
The cost for RTK-Ag at the airport: Malaysians is RM100 and RM160 for foreigners. COVID-19 RTK (within 15 – 30 minutes), Rapid Molecular PCR (within 1.5 hours) and RT-PCR results (within 3 hours)
Payment method: Debit Card/ Credit card , EWallet and Cash
*The information has not been updated to reflect the latest SOP
With a fee, you can get the screening done by certified nurses/ health personnel in PPE suits, in compliance to safety SOP, in your 1. home, 2. Drive-thru or 3. Swab & Go at private health facilities. Price per person will be cheaper if you buy more tests. Do book your slot 2 working days in advance if possible. Here’s a list for you to find a Covid-19 test near you.
Qualitas Medical Group
Qualitas Health Clinic Bangsar Shopping Centre
RTK Antigen: RM50. RT-PCT Test: RM170. Walk in and pay by cash/ debit or credit card (Qualitas Facebook)
List of Qualitas Clinics – Locations and Hours: Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Penang, Perak, Johor, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka
Qualitas Clinics Klang Valley Locations: Bangsar, Pudu, Shah Alam, Kepong, Ampang, Klang, Subang Jaya (SS15), Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Ampang Point, Evesuite, Menara Boustead, Seri Kembangan, Gombak, Plaza Sentral, Menara CIMB
Covers Klang Valley, and certain parts of Johor, Penang, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang, Ipoh, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Alor Setar. Kindly check on the website or call them first. Daily 8am – 5.30 pm (Depending on which Clinic/ Centre you pick).
- Swab & Go RTK-Antigen: from RM50 (Results within 24 hours)
- Instant Professional RTK: Individual Home Onsite Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kits (RTK-Ag). Instant results within 15-30 minutes at RM150 per pax
- Drive-thru: from RM70 (within 24 hours)
RT-PCR (Results in 48-72 hours after sample collection)
- Rapid PCR (results in 13 min): RM550
- Swab & Go Klinik and Lab: from RM180
- Home Testing (Coverage: Klang Valley, Johor Bahru, Pasir Gudang, Nusajaya, Kulai, Penang): from RM260
- Drive-thru: from RM230
CLEA – Virtual Covid Screening
More info: cleadoc. Doctors’ active hours are 9am – 9pm daily.
- Purchase a Covid-19 self test kit from the List of RTK-Ag test kits approved by MDA KKM
- Download CLEADOC App. Register. Top up credit (RM25 per test)
- Read through in-app instruction carefully before starting your test to avoid test being rejected
- Perform Virtual RTK LIVE Test according to instructions (Live Session: 9am – 9pm)
- Ensure the test area and test kit are visible during the entire live session.
- The live session is being observed by the doctor who verifies your test
- Get your report in less than 4 hours (Updated in MySejahtera)
- Kuala Lumpur International Healthcare Centre | Locations: Jalan Tun Razak (KL) and Taman Nusa Bestari 2 (Johor Bahru) | Walk-in & Onsite | Monday – Sunday 9am-6pm | RTK Antigen: RM40 ONLY Lab Report within the same day | RT-PCR: RM150, Senior Citizen & Children at RM120 – Lab Report within 24 HOURS
- Quick Med | Locations: Jalan Universiti (PJ), Bangsar South, Klinik Mariam Johari (Kajang) | Price- RTK-AG: from RM60 (Results in 20-30 min) | RT-PCR: from RM190 (Results in 24-48 hours)
- gettestfast by GRIBBLES | MEX Seri Kembangan | Hours: Daily 9:00AM – 5:00PM | +603-8939 0800 | Price/ Book:- RMT (Rapid Molecular Test): RM348 (results in 1 hour) | Fast RT-PCR: RM258 (4 hours) | RT-PCR: RM178 (24 hours) | RTK-Ag Tests (Results within 1 hour): Saliva – RM80. Swab – RM85
- Medi Safetest | Hours: Weekdays and Sat till 1pm | RTK-AG Covid-19 Test (Fast): RM110 per pax (RM55 until end of March 2022). Results within 30 minutes to 2 hours. Nose Swab. Locations: Kelana Square, Ampang, Johor Bahru, Penang.
- The Blueehub | hours: Weekdays and Sat till 1pm | RTK-Ag results are released within 2 hours. RTK Saliva RM38 (Doctor letter provided). RTK-Ag RM60. Locations: Kl Sentral, Klang, PJ. RT-PCR test from RM230
- Medilink Healthcare | Locations: Klinik Taipan (Subang Jaya), Kota Kemuning, USJ, Mentari Court (PJ), Wisma MCA (Jalan Ampang), Wisma MPL (Bukit Bintang KL), PJ City, Masjid India | RTK-Antigen (Socso): RM35 | RTK-Antigen: RM70 | RT-PCR: RM180
- Klinik Mediviron Bandar Baru | Mon-Fri: 9am – 5pm Sat: 9am – 2pm | RTK: RM30 (result in 15-20 min) | PCR: RM140 (result in 24-36 hours)
- Sunway Medical Centre | RT-PCR: RM270 in 24 hours | RTK-Antigen: RM138 in 3-5 hours | Antibody Test: RM135 in 3-5 hours | 7am – 7pm daily
- Doctor Anywhere | RTK-Ag Tests (Results emailed in one hour) – At home: RM100 (Across Klang Valley) 9am-5pm weekdays. Drive-thru RTK test (Wangsa Maju) 3-5 pm daily (weekdays) at RM60 | PCR Tests (Results in 24 hours) – Home: RM230. Drive-thru: RM210
- Malaysia Liew Clinic (KLCC) at kkday.com | Please purchase it 2 days earlier to be safe. Buy here: RTK-AG Covid-19 Test: RM73. RT-PCR (RM215). Instant test results within 30 – 45 minutes.
- Poliklinik South City | South City Plaza, Seri Kembangan | Walk-in and Drive-Thru | Daily 8:30 AM TO 8:00 PM | RTK: RM70 | PCR: RM180 | Antibody test: RM120 | Sinovac Vaccination (1st, 2nd, Booster): RM360
- Doctor2u.my (Nationwide) – BP Lab – Home RT-PCR test by BP Healthcare (Results within 24 hours): min 2 pax at RM800. Their professional medical team is able to collect your sample in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Melaka, Penang (only Georgetown, Butterworth, Bukit Mertajam, Balik Pulau, Bayan Lepas, Jelutong and Seberang Perai), Johor (only Johor Bahru and Skudai), Perak (only Ipoh and Tanjung Malim), Kedah (only Alor Setar, Kulim, Lunas and Sungai Petani), Sarawak (only Kuching) and Negeri Sembilan (only Seremban and Nilai). Covid-19 Walk-in Test at RM240/ pax at BP Outlets nationwide. BP Lab Promo Code for Covid Test 2022
- Homage – Conducts in-home or in-office COVID-19 screenings in Klang Valley, Penang, Johor, Kota Kinabalu & Kuching. Results within 24-48 hours. In-Home PCR Test from RM299 per person. In-Home RTK Test from RM140 per person (min of 3 pax)
- Klook Covid Tests – In-Home COVID-19 Swab Test by Homage – RTK Swab test RM200 per person. PCR Swab test RM350 per person. Drive-Thru Covid-19 RT-PCR Swab Tests by LifeCare Diagnostic Medical Centre in Bangsar – RM250.
- DoctorDB (Klang Valley) – Results within 48 hours. COVID-19 Home Screening by Gribbles Pathology. Oral/Nasal Swab RT-PCR test – Price: RM 450 Nett. Saliva RT-PCR test – Price: RM 270 Nett
- Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur – COVID-19 Drive-Thru Screening Available – RTK at RM160 (Results in 2-4 hours). RT-PCR at RM220 (1-2 working days). WhatsApp: 011-1301 3579.
- Quick Med | Tanjung Bungah | Monday – Sunday (11.00am to 2.00pm) | Price: RTK-AG: RM95 (Results in 20-30 min) | RT-PCR: RM230 (Results in 24-48 hours)
- Qualitas Health | Locations: Jelutong, Bayan Baru, Butterworth, George Town | RTK Antigen: RM50. RT-PCT Test: RM170. Walk in and pay by cash/ debit or credit card (Qualitas Facebook)
- Medi Safetest | Location: Bayan Lepas | (+60)12-639 3881 Yvonne (Appointment) | Hours: Weekdays and Sat till 1pm | Covid-19 Tests: RTK-AG Covid-19 Test: RM110 per pax (RM55 until end of March 2022). Results within 30 minutes to 2 hours. Nose Swab.
- Klinik Mediviron Bukit Indah, Johor Bahru | 017-764 9993 | Covid-19 test: RTK RM40 in 30 mins | RT-PCR RM140 in 24-48 hours
- Poliklinik Dr Bala Taman Munsyi Ibrahim, Johor Bahru | 07-2323386 | Covid tests- RTK/ ART: RM60 (results in 15 minutes) | PCR: RM160 (result in 24 hours)
Professional Covid-19 Tests in LANGKAWI
- gettestfast by GRIBBLES | LANGKAWI FAST DTC, Parking Lot @ Mahsuri II International Exhibition Centre | 200m from Langkawi International Airport | Hours: Daily 9:00AM – 5:00PM | +603-8939 0800 | Price/ Book:- RMT (Rapid Molecular Test): RM348 (results in 1 hour) | Fast RT-PCR: RM258 (4 hours) | RT-PCR: RM178 (24 hours) | RTK-Ag Tests (Results within 1 hour): Saliva – RM80. Swab – RM85
- SAFETRAC Langkawi Covid-19 Test Center | safetracescape.com | Located next to the Langkawi International Airport | RTK-Antigen: RM80 (Results in 15 minutes). RT-PCR: RM180.
- KLINIK ICARE | Tingkat Bawah, No.7 & 8, Lorong Tiram 2, Kelibang Pusat Mas, Kuah | iCARE Facebook | 04-966 5000 | Hours: 8.00 am to 12.00 midnight (Mon-Sun)
- KLINIK KASIH | NO.18 Bangunan PKNK, Simpang Empat Padang Lalang, Mukim Air Hangat
- CHENANG CLINIC | LOT 3,4, 5 GA BUSINESS CENTRE, Jln Pantai Cenang | Chenang Clinic FB | Hours: 9.30am – 9pm (Closed for lunch: 1-2pm) Daily
- GLOBAL DOCTORS CLINIC LANGKAWI | MERITUS PELANGI RESORT AND SPA, Jalan Pantai Cenang
- POLIKLINIK PERDANA LANGKAWI | LOT 110, Pusat Perniagaan Kelana Mas | PCR Test:- Standard Test: RM 300 (Results in 2 days). Express Test: RM380 (Results in 2 hours)
- KLINIK DAN SURGERI DR BOO | NO. 23, 24 Tingkat Bawah, Jalan Persiaran Putra, Bandar Baru Baron, Kuah | PCR Test:- Standard Test: RM 280 (Results in 2 days). Express Test: RM330 (Results in 2 hours)
Private Clinics (Nationwide)
Here’s some lists of Registered PRIVATE clinics/ facilities that perform Covid-19 Tests nationwide, sorted by states. It is better to book at DoctorOnCall, but if they don’t cover your area, then you can search on these long lists of clinics (PCR result within 24 hours):
Onsite (Outreach or Home) Private Clinics – Around RM300-RM400 (RT-PCR)
Government/ Public Facilities
Ministry of Health (MOH) of Malaysia will provide FREE Covid-19 test in or drive-thru at authorized health facilities/ Klinik Kesihatan if you meet certain criteria, for example: You have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19. List of Government Health Clinics for COVID-19 Sampling Screening. (Source: astroawani.com). Call/ Whatsapp CPRC – Contact info is at the bottom of this page. For travellers entering the country, RM150 for Malaysian, RM250 for non-Malaysian for PCR test, can be booked at mysafetravel.
Type of Covid19 Tests
The RT-PCR (Reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction) test detects the presence of genetic material (RNA) while the RTK (Rapid Test Kit)-Antigen test identifies specific viral protein in the SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
In Malaysia the sample for RT-PCR test is usually taken using the Nasal + Throat swabs combined.
Photo: cdc.gov – Nasal, Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal (Throat) Swab
Nasopharyngeal swab – through the nostrils into the throat palate
Self Test Kits
COVID-19 RTK Antigen Self-Test Kit can be done at home by collecting the saliva sample or combination of saliva and nasal samples. Results can be produced within 15 minutes. You can test when you have been in high-risk area, if you have developed symptoms such as cough, flu, fever, difficulty breathing, tastelessness, and any symptoms pertaining to the Covid-19.
- If you get a positive result, RT-PCR test is still required for confirmation.
- If you get a negative result, but you develop symptoms later on, you are advised to do a RT-PCR test as confirmation.
ALLTEST COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test – Oral Fluid Self/ Saliva Testing – RM 18.90 at DOCTORONCALL
Salixium COVID-19 Home Self Test Rapid Antigen Kit (RTK) – Saliva/Nasal Samples – RM 19.90
Use of Different Type of Tests and Specimen
The detection of the sarbecovirus SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, by real-time reverse-transcription PCR (rRT-PCR) using a nasopharyngeal swabs (NPS) with turnaround time of about 24-72 hours, is by now the most commonly accepted method (Gold Standard). However in this crisis setting, there is an unprecedented shortage of equipment and qualified healthcare personnel. Alternative methods for sample collection such Nasal wash (NW) and oropharyngeal swab (OPS) offer valuable substitutes for detection and is recommended by WHO for ambulatory patients (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov).
Antigen Rapid Test Kit (RTK-Ag) is to provide an alternative where results can be obtained within a shorter time (15 to 30 minutes) and self-test kits are also available. Guidelines on Testing Using RTK-Ag:
*Annex 2: MANAGEMENT OF SUSPECTED, PROBABLE AND CONFIRMED
For any inquiries regarding Covid-19, you may call the Health Ministry’s National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) at
Photo: Gleneagles Hospital
Sources and Other Links
- Ministry of Health Malaysia’s collaboration with Private Covid-19 Test Sample Collection Services.
- In-House Sampling Services – mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my
- Guidelines for entry point Covid-19 screening of travellers – For home or hotel quarantine, RTK screen test can be used on the 10th day